Request for Lemon Chicken

So, what's for dinner?
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Request for Lemon Chicken

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:02 pm

Ok, I dunno if anyone can help me. I'm searching for a recipe for lemon chicken. I've never made it before, and need it before august if possible. Earlier would be better, so I can test it once.

Hopefully someone can help me.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:10 am

Here is just one from a site I go to when I need a new recipe - if you do a search you will find dozens of lemon chicken variations, so you're sure to find one you like :-D

Lemon Chicken

Stormy
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:43 pm

Thank you my dear. I didn't want to just google that, cuz there are so many and it would take forever. I don't cook at all, and I wanted the opinion of someone who does. I think I found a fairly simple one, that my love will like. I know he'd like it anyway, cuz I mde it, but..... you know how it goes.

Thanks again sweetie.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:21 am

Ok, so I used the recipe I found online at the site you suggest Stormy. We had a wonderful candle lit dinner and all. When he sat down to eat, he started crying. No woman had ever done that for him. Made dinner, yes, made it that special, no. So it was a success. He loved the chicken and the rice, and well, I did too.

So, now I want to get some different recipes and try them out with my love. Only problem is I won't see him again till January, and that will be me going out to Indiana. Anyway, if you have any ideas for a learner cook, or if the same website would work just fine, let me know.

FyreGarnet

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:16 am

I get a lot of my "special" receipes from that site - I tend to tweak them here and there for my own tastes, but it really is a great place to find new ideas.
Glad your dinner went so well!
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:55 pm

also, take a lood around food.com and their various shows/recipie areas... they have some nice and unique ones. Also, practice now, find the ones you really like and think he'll enjoy, play around with variations, that way you know which ones you want to make when you're together again.

:hug:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:40 am

Thank you thank you thank you. I'll do what I can around school and work. At least I have four unwilling guinea pigs here at home. hehehe.

FyreGarnet

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:55 am

Drac and I just finished our degrees in culinary arts, if you got questions and I check in regularly maybe we can help with the answers. Can't promise I can reply immed. to a need but I will keep my eye here when I am able to get here to chat . :-)
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:23 pm

Thank you very much maelroth. I appreciate it very much. I'm not sure how much time I'll have an all, as I've been currently searching for something else online, which is taking up most of my free time. But I will do what I can eventually.

FyreGarnet