Pizza, The Ultimate

So, what's for dinner?
Zealot
Level 1
Level 1

Pizza, The Ultimate

Post by Zealot » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:55 am

You could knock a franchise out with this one.
1.Deep Dish Pan
2.pillsbury powdered biscuit mix
3.yeast
4.Natural Cheese, like real cheese, not Mozarella
5.Tomato sauce
6.Garlic
7.Salt

1if you know how to make DOugh and powder it, Mix PBmix with water, enough to make good thick dough, then mix yeast in, then use flower to pwder it up, then let it rise for like 10-20 minutes
2.then roll out with pin, and stretch it inside deep dish pan, letting edges of dough run up deep dish sides, but not over.
3. spread tomato sauce after mixing with half a cups water, lightly over dough, then put generous amounts of minced carlic over sauce on dough, mix thouroughly. Add generous amounts of cheese, and whatever other vegetables, meats you may desire.
4.heat oven to 350 degrees farhenheit, and slide pizza in, let cook for 15 to 35 minutes.
5. pull out, cut, and use a thick spatual, get out the forks, this stuff is too good for oyur hands, besides, the bread wont hold together, so use a fork.
Enjoy.

(WARNING) Do not Eat if you are Dieting, or are at Risk of Heart Failure, this will cause it no doubt, but its one of those things that can Make you a Glutton if you are not thouroughly Disciplined. Also do not forget, Pepcid AC :-D

Also if you would like Middle Eastern Recipes please just ask.

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:02 am

mozerella is real cheese.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

RavenEyes
Level 2
Level 2

Post by RavenEyes » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:04 am

darn it... beaten to the comment... Mozarella is GREAT!!
Live Life to the full, Be true to yourself

Zealot
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Zealot » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:35 am

Ummm, I dont think you all caught the joke, but ok, I will explain this on a level you will understand :roll:
Mozarella is tasteless goo. Mozarella is cheapest of all cheeses bought in Bulk, Moz is cliche, like catholisism. Provalone, Cheddar and just about any kind of cheese is a much better choice, so if oyu like your Mozarella so much why dont you go to Dominoes, and pay your ten to 16 dollars for something that only costs 4-5 bucks MAX to put together ;)
BTW, The only mistake I made was in the mix, its actually Pillsbury Hot Roll mix, not biscuit, (its next to cake mix in gorcery store)

try this, get a glass of Red Wine, take a slice of Colby, Slice of Jack, Slice of Cheddar, and a slice of Mozarella, and lay them up next to eachother, then take a swig of wine, take a bite of one at a time, now which makes you feel more satisfied? Mozarella=Flavorless Cheddar=Nice Colby=good Jack=suave dont forget to have a bite of Sharp cheese, that stuff is the best. Please, dont try acting like your somehow smarter because I refuse to recognize Moz as a real cheese, when it sure as **** doesn't taste like it :-D
In order to Know Truth, you must first Know yourself. In order to find Truth, you must look past the orthodox, past people's own Paradox Views, and seek the true answer in the meaning of The Word.

Rain ForestMoon
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Rain ForestMoon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:47 am

Not so.

The mozarella Zealot knows may be tasteless goo. Bot that's not real mozzarella......

There is indeed some tasteless goo around that masquerades as mozarella, having the consistency of a cross between rubber and plastic. And no taste at all.

And then there is mozarella. Made from buffalo milk (presumably lady buffaloes - but certainly not from cows). It is pure white in colour (and not yellow like the imposter), has beautiful flavour and texture. A true gift from the gods.

So: It all depends which one you are talking about.......
RainForestMoon

"Excess of anything is bad, but especially the excess of Moderation"

"AQUILA NON CAPIT MUSCAS'

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:55 am

Actually, I have to agree with Rain ForestMoon...There are two kinds of Mozerrella...comercially factory produced and traditionally made.

Factory produces is the cheap crap you get at agrocery store that could be used to plug leaky pipes.

Traditionally made Moz is a wonderful soft cheese that has a rich, vibrant flavor. Find a good ethinic grocer of the Italian varitey and you'll find REALLY good Moz cheese...and any other cheese you care for that is even REMOTELY Italian.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

RavenEyes
Level 2
Level 2

Post by RavenEyes » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:43 am

Exactly Kystar, Rain ForestMoon... I meant REAL mozzerella!

Oh and Zealot.... I wasn't trying to make out that I was smarter (as I'm sure Maelroth wasn't either!!) - compared to many people on this board I'm still quite green... either way, please remember a little courtesy, and not jump down my throat!!! It's not big, its not clever, and it can hurt peoples feelings!! [-X
Live Life to the full, Be true to yourself

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Pizza, The Ultimate

Post by Max » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:47 am

I don't think there's a need for another post about pizza so I'll pop it on the end of here:

If you're feeling really lazy this is a recipe for a scone-based pizza:
8oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
quarter of a pint of milk
You could add herbs to the mix, like oregano or basil.

Add the milk in bit by bit, you probably won't use all of it. It's supposed to have a slightly sticky texture. Grease a baking tray with oil and press the mixture into the pan. Rub a bit of oil over the top.

You could partially cook it first but I am too lazy and put the toppings on straight away, just make sure the toppings aren't too gloopy. It takes about 25 minutes, so put the cheese on in the last 10 minutes.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm

One of me and Grimwell's favourite meals are "mini-pizza". They're a great cheap meal, and so easy to make it's frightening.

You'll need...

A pack of thick Pita bread
Spaghetti Sauce
Any type of meat that you like on a pizza (or without it, if you're a veggie person)
Parmesan Cheese
Cheddar Cheese (preferably sharp)
Spices to taste (in particular, Oregano, Rosemary, Garlic, Chili Peppers, and Basil)
Pineapple bits

First take those Pitas and lay them out, one or two per person. Then spoon on some spaghetti sauce, any flavor will do. Try not to use the actual "pizza sauces" as they are much thicker and don't end up working as well. Then put on most of the spices to taste. For me that means tons of garlic, oregano, a touch a basil and disturbing amounts of Rosemary. Dust liberally with Parmesan Cheese. Then put on whatever type of meat you're in the mood for... Left over chicken works, but usually I'm lazy and buy a variety pack of pepperoni, honey ham and salami at Safeway. Grate cheese on top to taste... I find that for this, a sharp cheddar works perfectly! Then a few bits of pineapple (also to taste) and here's the kicker. Throw on a good amount of chilli peppers. I find the dried red ones are perfect for me! Then throw your mini pizza into the oven on 400 - 425 F for 18 minutes. Pizza stones work the best for this, and you can usually fit two of these on one of them When you take them out, you can serve them as is, or you can dust once more with the parmesan (what can I say... I'm a cheese whore).

Not as complex as your pizza's but I argue that they still taste great! :hug:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 am

Yay! I was wondering when you would post raw Pizza!!!

being married to an Italian we have strong pizza biases in my house. Some day I will post my recipes for red, white and green pizzas. At first John wouldnèt eat them but now they are staples, and some of my most hard core meat eating friends love these veggie pizzas!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)