Quick Chicken and pasta

So, what's for dinner?
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Quick Chicken and pasta

Post by Kystar » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:39 am

Okay, I threw this together last night, and since it turned out so good, I decided to share.

You need:
2 thawed chicken breats (about 1 lb meat)
1 small onion
1 meduim clove garlic (or 2-3 small depending on size)
Olive oil
Favorite herbs
1 can diced tomatos
1 box small pasta (Gemelli or similar)

Mince Onion and garlic together (I used a food processor), add about a tablespoon of olive oil (enough to coat), salt, peper, and any herbs you like. I used Tarragon, Orgeno, Basil, Thyme and bay. Mix together and set aside.

Chop chicken up into cubes. set a large frying pan or skillet over high heat with enough oil to coat bottom. satue the onions first, then throw in the chicken. When chicken is almost cooked, add can of tomatos and simmer.

Before or while chicken is cooking, put the pasta water on. When pasta is just a little harder than you like, mix the pasta and water in with the chicken and let the pasta finish cooking. If you let the majority of the water cook away, you'll have a nice light pasta sauce left.

Top with grated cheese and enjoy.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Vetle
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Vetle » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:42 am

I think my mum has made something similar to this. She's tends to experiment alot and there's very little that I haven't tried as a result. That stuff is very good though. She makes rosemary chicken more often. Quite simple, really. I'm sure most everybody knows how to make that.
"I just hope angels in the forest
Saw me praying in my own soul
Death is unfair - That's real pain
Remoun you...Am I almost dead?
I miss my hope; My will to live
My last farewell forever, all alone"

-Anita Auglend