What Animal Are You?

A parrot walks into a bar carrying an Athame...
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

What Animal Are You?

Post by Mahala » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 am

Take this test and post your results.
http://www.animalinyou.com/survey.asp

Here's mine:
You are either a Mouse or a Mole personality.
But you may also be a Mountain Goat personality.
Mountain goat adheres to me best.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:10 am

You are either a Owl or a Penguin personality.
But you may also be a Bison personality.

I find it strange how they give you three, and none are really in the same family.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:22 am

Sometimes they give only two, and sometimes just one. It depends on your answers.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 am

I am a Bat - strangely, I took this test a good while back, in a different form somewhere else on the web and I was a Bat then too ;)

Even stranger - bats somehow seem to find there way into my house more often than one would think they should. I can find no where that they could be getting in. Just a few weeks ago, I was horrified because I found one dead in the basement because I hadn't found it in time to put it outside again - it had died of dehydration and starvation. I was very very upset about it.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:32 am

You are either a Owl or a Prairie Dog personality.
But you may also be a Penguin personality.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:44 pm

I am a penguin personality. :) Happy feet!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:54 pm

You are either a Fox or a Otter personality.
But you may also be a Horse personality.

I think I am an otter. I agree though, the choices all seem to be in different families.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Penguin, sheep (?????), or Beaver.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:29 pm

**Visualizing Ragnar as a sheep** Nope.
**As a beaver** Na, too... beaver-ish.
**As a penguin** How cute. 8-)

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Bat, fox or penguin.
/|\

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:11 am

Since I kinda fell between some of the answers I retook it a few times and put in the variety, but they still generally fell into one of three {in order}:

Hippo:
Hippos are highly complex creatures, easily recognizable by their large bodies and slow-moving lifestyles. While hippos aren't the only animal personalities with such grand frames, they tend to be somewhat self conscious about their ballast, disguising it with loose clothing and by avoiding of social interactions.

Most hippos never really accept themselves for who they are. Traditionally viewed as jolly fat people, they have tried every diet on the market. But if the hippo's heart is a cauldron of powerfully conflicting feelings and the average hippo loves to wallow in this emotional stew, it's not that a hippo gets angry more often than others. It's just that its emotion tends to magnified to an outrageous degree. In fact, the wild variety of hippo kills more people than any other predator in Africa, including the malevolent crocodile.

But, even with this occasionally destructive behavior, there is no bigger heart beating in the animal kingdom. These are loving, warm, creatures who are concerned with the emotional well-being of everyone they know.

Everything about the hippo is big and slow but once it has gained momentum, watch out! Its performance in the boudoir is no exception and the hippo's mate must be able to handle some fierce lovin'. When it mates, it prefers others of equally oversized dimensions such as elephants and rhinoceroses, but is best suited for marriage with water-based animals like sea lions and dolphins. It is the ponderous walrus, however, that is its ideal mate, for it shares the hippo's passion for food and opulence. Think Tom and Roseanne.
Gorilla:
Gorillas are strong, unpolished individuals with a gruff coarse exterior that conceals their soft and chewy center, and are capable, happy-go-lucky individuals with a disarming naiveté. Maybe a little hairy with a tattoo or two too, they are unpretentious and engaging creatures who brighten everyone's day with their enthusiastically warm greetings.

Even with the gorilla's warmly gruff exterior, there's an underlying sense of menace that percolates throughout it's personality. But even though it is built for physical confrontation, it's difficult to imagine a gorilla actually inflicting bodily harm. However, when the gorilla or its family is threatened, the transgressor quickly realizes its mistake. Its body hair standing on end, and large frame at full height, the gorilla will never back down from a fight. In a child-custody battle it's better to negotiate an up-front peace with a gorilla rather than endure a prolonged and bloody battle.

As a primate, the gorilla possesses considerable brainpower, although unlike its cousin the baboon, has no desire to waste its days deep in thought. Instead, life is spent in quiet enjoyment of play and family interactions.

Gorillas are capable of forming long-lasting, monogamous relationships and enjoy the peace and comfort provided by large families and close groups of friends. Considered to be attentive mates, they make an effort to provide a secure and comfortable nest. Not being overly ambitious though, they have a tendency to rest on their laurels.

Smaller animal personalities are attracted to their embracing persona and they form lasting bonds with submissive mice and cottontails. Warm and kind to these 'pets', they dominate the relationships and control their duration. Their personalities clash with the challenging nature of owls, foxes and moles who retard their carefree spirit and it are at their best in relationships with baboons, cottontails and dogs.

Gorillas have a strong need for structure in their households, which requires a healthy system of communication throughout the family. No one could accuse a gorilla of being dispassionate on issues of friendship and loyalty, although its emotions will sometimes get in the way of common sense.

All told, life with a gorilla is a series of passionate gestures and gentle reassurances.
Walrus:
These superficially benign individuals are usually easy to recognize. When you think of walruses, think of those large people sunning their perfectly rounded bellies at the beach. Or just think of Wilford Brimley. Either way, the walrus is that ruddy uncle at the family reunion, who dispenses charm and off-color jokes like donuts.

Aah donuts! Walruses have an unrelenting sweet tooth and a weakness for home cooking, and though they might seem comfortable with their roly-poly physiques -- one shouldn't overdo the teasing. Underneath that thick skin is a surprisingly sensitive spirit. But still, it's difficult to embarrass a walrus. Nothing in life is taken so seriously that it cannot be laughed at. Its infectious love for life contaminates everyone who has unprotected encounters with this hearty beast.

Walruses are not to be trifled with however, and as good-natured as they appear, they can be cantankerous and aggressive when slighted. Mostly however, their bark is worse than their bite and their big-hearted natures soon reassert themselves.

Although it is accustomed to large groups of people, the walrus is self-contained and respects the privacy of others. It is happiest when surrounded by the comforts of home and feels little need to travel far afield. For all their carefree mannerisms, walruses are dependable and forthright, and people are attracted to their consistent and predictable personalities. A walrus friend can always be counted on to dish out a loan or lend a hand.

Walruses don't shower their lovers with gifts, but communicate their feelings with demonstrative hugs and sloppy kisses instead. Their biggest asset is their hearty laugh; a generous, deep-bellied guffaw that can disarm even the most cynical, and with such an engaging disposition it's easy to see why walruses are so effective in their social lives. In the bedroom, the assessment is not quite so encouraging. With their belief that affection can substitute for physical contact, they tend to be lazy and indifferent to their partners' sexual needs.

Walruses not natural communicators and prefer to let their actions speak for themselves. But when pushed to disclose their feelings, they will reveal the naked truth. When they've achieved closeness with that special someone, they throw open the hatches and reveal a genuinely loving soul.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 pm

You are either a Gorilla or a Porcupine personality.
But you may also be a Mountain Goat personality.

As a somewhat above average sized girl though, I'm not impressed that they ask for your size and that it affects what animals you're like... :-? Basing it on appearance in anyway just doesn't seem right to me.

When I typed in Extra-Large it gave me the same answers as Dark Waters. Grrrrr. :evil: I hate those that depend on how you look... They seem more superficial than they really are when they do it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:29 pm

Actually all three were fairly close in many areas, no all, but a lot.

Especially
... it's not that a hippo gets angry more often than others. It's just that its emotion tends to magnified to an outrageous degree.

But, even with this occasionally destructive behavior, there is no bigger heart beating in the animal kingdom. These are loving, warm, creatures who are concerned with the emotional well-being of everyone they know.
Gorillas are strong, unpolished individuals with a gruff coarse exterior that conceals their soft and chewy center, and are capable, happy-go-lucky individuals with a disarming naiveté. Maybe a little hairy ...

Even with the gorilla's warmly gruff exterior, there's an underlying sense of menace that percolates throughout it's personality. But even though it is built for physical confrontation, it's difficult to imagine a gorilla actually inflicting bodily harm. However, when the gorilla or its family is threatened, the transgressor quickly realizes its mistake. Its body hair standing on end, and large frame at full height, the gorilla will never back down from a fight.

No one could accuse a gorilla of being dispassionate on issues of friendship and loyalty, although its emotions will sometimes get in the way of common sense.
... the walrus is that ruddy uncle at the family reunion, who dispenses charm and off-color jokes like donuts.

But still, it's difficult to embarrass a walrus. Nothing in life is taken so seriously that it cannot be laughed at. Its infectious love for life contaminates everyone who has unprotected encounters with this hearty beast.

Walruses are not to be trifled with however, and as good-natured as they appear, they can be cantankerous and aggressive when slighted. Mostly however, their bark is worse than their bite and their big-hearted natures soon reassert themselves.

For all their carefree mannerisms, walruses are dependable and forthright, and people are attracted to their consistent and predictable personalities. A walrus friend can always be counted on to dish out a loan or lend a hand.

And let us not forget the best of all:
Everything about the hippo is big and slow but once it has gained momentum, watch out! Its performance in the boudoir is no exception and the hippo's mate must be able to handle some fierce lovin'.
;) :roll:
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 am

I got hippo or zebra. Maybe gorilla.

I think that I fit mostly the zebra and none of the gorilla. There are some traits that I fit with the hippo (as in my random viciousness).

I've always had a attachment to horses and loved their free spirited attitude. Yeah, zebra fits.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:36 am

I am either a wild cat or a swan. **preens** Apparently I am only ONE of these, and must read to find out which one.

Hmm, wildcat seems most like me.
Wildcat personalities do not differ substantially from their domestic cousins Felis Domesiticus and exhibit the aloof behavior that is common to all felines. With their well-deserved reputations as creatures of comfort, wildcats jealously guard their independence while indulging in the finer things in life. Attractive, solitary, creative, and curious, these individuals are quite happy to observe the world from a distance.

The wildcat would never take a conventional route, preferring to explore life from off the beaten track -- relying heavily on its instincts and powers of observation to guide it safely through the jungle. Its air of indifference and need for privacy keeps it on the outskirts of society, but its love for comfort always brings it back
The wildcat differs from its lion relatives in its approach to its social structure. With an aversion to the complex family organization of the lion, the wildcat finds freedom and self-indulgence to be far more compelling. So as a natural explorer, it disdains staying in one place for long, preferring the freedom of solitary roaming. in exotic locales. This wanderlust makes it ideal for a career as a travel agent, explorer, mountain climber, researcher or writer.

It's difficult to really know cats. Although they make little attempt to disguise their emotions, their communication style is somewhat abstract. They readily display their disgust and boredom as it stalk off to spend solitary time sulking. Usually however, they return to the place that offers them security and creature comforts. Close alliances are formed with others that share their eremitic and wandering ways. Horse and deer, and tiger personalities are good candidates as soul mates, while gorillas provide them with much appreciated security.

Wildcats are also incorrigible flirts and their feline mannerisms are attractive to members of the opposite sex. As a result, wildcats almost always get what they want -- plenty of pampering without the nuisance of a long-term mate. And making love to one is more than just a lot of hissing and scratching, for it is a curious lover whose tendency to get lost in the moment guarantees an unpredictable encounter.

Because of the wildcat's tendency to protect its independence, it can be difficult to get it to talk about personal issues. But when it comes to matters of the world, the wildcat loves a challenging debate. It is thoughtful and insightful on neutral themes, but when things get personal . . . logic flies out the window with the cat close on its heels.
Makes sense, I was born in the year of the tiger, after all.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes