Dealing with Psy Vampires

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Dealing with Psy Vampires

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 am

As you know, I've met me a new and intresting Friend. But I have me a dire problem-
I WANT HER TO STOP EATING MY ENERGY. :(

I know this, and I love her to death, but I can't risk keeling over next time I give her a hug! Not to mention I'll be in on one of their Sabbats later on! I was planning on some kind of Ward or spell to fix it.
At first, I was considering to make a complex, tiring, and expensive Belt that drew Astral energies to me naturally, as to help me Recharge...
But, on the other hand, I could just do a Ward and stop her and her friends from draining me at ALL.

But, if I go for the latter, would it be considered depriving someone food? I know that she wouldn't just drain me untill I was lieing on the ground, near-comatose, but that FEELING of Energy being pulled from you is just... It's like Death, but you have to live through it! :(
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Dealing with Psy Vampires

Post by Max » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:18 am

I don't know enough about people who consider themselves vampires. But for people who are unconsciously draining you fabulous Brennan might say: avoid physical contact for a while; don't stand directly in front of them but a little to the side; and protect your chakras, particularly your third chakra (your solar plexus), from energy outreach from her. Keep your aura strong and protected. If she is still trying to get charged from you, then send energy from your hands to charge her third chakra, this won't drain you. I don't know if this will help at least until you have more information about your new friend?
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 am

First off, if they have recently discovered their vamp-skills, they may not be able to thoroughly control them yet... and then you're sorta screwed. Wards will help though, can't deny that. However, some vampires have become skills at grasping on to wards and draining them dry... they're good sources of energy after all, and if you notice they're being drained and feed them, you're simply letting them drain you down to nothing again. Unfortunately, there are few good fixes to this, although I think some of the others here will be able to give you better info on wards... I know they're not my strong suit.

If they have been vamps for a while, are conducting rituals and directing the energy properly, then they should be able to control who they feed off of. Generally, you can ask them not to, and most of them will listen (at the very least since if you know they're doing it, you're much more difficult prey), but some will simply be dicks and try to do it anyway. For that, you're back to the above paragraph for problems.

Try looking into a variety of wards (like I said, the rest of the group here will have better info than me on them... My skill set leads more to divination and summoning than to warding.

One thing I have noticed is that some vampires react very badly to certain types of energy... It tastes bad to them. It won't be the same for all of them, but if you have a very persistent drainer, you can try to figure out what they're draining and what they don't like. If you "taste bad" they'll be less likely to want to feed off you (and if the vamps I've met have been any indication, they'll go to horrendous lengths to not have to feed when you're around period).
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:18 am

The best advice I ever gave about dealing with Psi Vampires is in this thread.

I don't Ward against them, I Redirect them.

Since I didn't feel like retyping, here's the link to the thread in question...my response is down towards the end of the first page.
http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB3/view ... =26&t=5502
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Shields... seriously, it may take some time to figure out the right one to use, but shields are the best way to deal with it... usually "slippery" shields work best, letting the "tendrils" they put towards you slide away instead of connecting.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Sounds intresting...
A little complicated, but still cool. Maybe I could, you know, hide my energy? Maybe store some backup in a crystal or something?
:-k
Well, I guess they could sense it if they wanted to anyways. I'm just worried about maybe falling out if they suddenly... Well, if they suddenly need a boost and consider me a late-night cappucino. From what I've been told, it's a long drive and I just can't afford to be lacking energy on the drive-
*Looks at Rune's post*
Shields? Well, it could work. Maybe, somehow, I could mimic the Tendrils? Perhaps (not saying that there's going to be a time it will happen) if I ever have to defend myself I could just use energy to make them eat each other? IDK it's hard to fight something that EATS energy with Energy.
I guess a Shield is better, though.

Maybe they just won't think I'm that appetising or that they'll be appeased already after the ritual? :/
Nor any drop to drink."

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:59 pm

In my opinion, if you don't want them to drain your energy, it is best to provide alternatives.

Ground yourself with the Earth energies and act as a conduit. Let the Earth energies flow up and cover your personal self like a cloak or extra set of clothes. Using the Grounding to constantly refresh the "cloak", you can give them without draining yourself.

Alternatively, especially if she has developed a "taste" for your energies, if you are adept at charging objects, stones or crystals you can prep several ahead of time by using small amounts that won't enervate you, and use their energies to form the cloak.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 am

That sounds quite amazing... And maybe simpler than any ritual I could ever do!
O.o
A cloak of Energy - I've done that before, but I did it to be Invisible one time (more like "Unnoticible") and have done it just to take a few blows without standing up in the Bathroom, pants down, to ward off the School poltergeist who finally found out that I could see him. :/
But, never have I thought of drawing from the Earth. I usually draw from the air, and everything else nearby if I need impromptu Energy for something...

I'll practice it a few times, and see if it works!
Nor any drop to drink."