Thieves!

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Thieves!

Post by runewulf » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Very valid points Kitsun & CHL
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 am

Did I really come across as Egotistical? I've been called a nutcase before.

I just have a problem with bad Spirits and Negative energies. I didn't mean to come across as cocky (loony, maybe! Being Mad is part of my nutritious breakfast, and I like to act nuts abit everyday because I enjoy that feeling of knowing that I'm the only sane person on Earth). And I'm sorry if I did guys!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 am

Just tone it down a bit and listen to what others have to say. You have a great resource in some of the people we have here and a vast pool of experience to pull from. All of us moderators have been around for a long time and some of us have been practicing and studying for decades. Remember, we're here to discuss, not prove who we are or brag or such. This place is about sharing, learning and hanging out with like minded people.

Wassail

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:30 am

http://paganlibrary.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =26&t=6151

GO HERE, Please.

Mahala, I'm sorry if I ruined your thread. Good luck with your Ward.
Last edited by Hytegia on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nor any drop to drink."

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Hytegia on an aside have a look at your post quantity in relation to mine, as an example only.
Mine is 151, yours is a 114. I joined in 2003, and you joined 2mths ago.
Is that really a stat to be proud of?
We all understand that you want to contribute, but one needs to learn to listen before one can speak.
If you break the essence of this board down into its basic elements you would find that the element of learning to be one of our strongest pursuits.
And to be perfectly honest some of the discussions you have participated in can be rightly considered "bad" advice for new comers to the pagan path, as it places people with little experience into situations they are simply not prepared for. Which leads more experienced posters concerned for the safety of these newer comers, and hence they attempt to pull the wind out of your sails and correct misconceptions.

:lol: I guess the moderators are really just the parents of this board, guiding 'us' children away from the yearning precipice.
Thank you Mummies and Daddies, we can be quite contentious children sometimes. :hug: We love each other really... except for RW he smells! :lol: :lol: I couldn't resist man. :lol: :lol:
Ahhh laughter the music of the soul.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't mind, Hytegia. I've been patiently watching this and keeping my own mouth shut for the last few days. (Because I know sometimes I act a little attention deprived, and that when I first arrived here, I was a big-mouth too, but in a different sense...) I've learned a lot just by watching the others, but that's just the kind of person I am - I like to observe from the sidelines until I have the confidence to jump in.

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Hey AO, my girl likes how I smell just fine, merci :badgrin:

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:54 am

Back on Topic-
In my experience, there's two types of Ward- Stationary Center and Parimeter.
Stationary Center is what I like to use (find a spot, bind the Ward, sit it down, activate, and hide). But if theyre moved or broken, theyre useless.
Parimeter is permanent in terms of things, but more difficult to setup than the Stationary Center.
IDK how but I saw a car on the highway once that had a Ward on it... Any ideas how this worked? It would be nice for my ancient Jeep to have some kind of security!
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:04 am

The warded car probably had it set up in one of two ways. Either the ward was tied to something being carried IN the car, or the ward was anchored TO the car when it was parked, and designed in such a way to cover everything from the wheels up.

Now that I think of it, there IS a third Option...and that is that the person DRIVING the car established a "Bubble shield" to protect themselves, and it simply encompassed the car.

As for wards, I can think of a few types.

Anchored Wards, Freestanding Wards, and Personal Wards.

Anchored Wards are the most permanent, as they are stationary, and easily recharged. Usually linked to either a focus object or a building/permanent structure.

Freestanding Wards I always think of quick defense stuff, like slapping a wall of energy over a door or window. They last a while, but will sort of fizzle after a while.

Personal Wards are basically defensive shields tied into something you would wear, which I occasionally use to bolster my own aura shields.

But, that's my experience. Useful to some, but not all, I'm sure.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:56 am

Read the enchantment lesson in Magick & Energy Usage. Easiest way to place a ward that's mobile or a more permanent shield that can be moved is by enchanting an object, be it a stone, an amulet, or even a card. Another option is a servitor, but I haven't put up a full lesson on that as of yet.

Wassail

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:29 pm

My Enchantment theory and method is sleightly different- however we share results.

I always thought a ward needed to be Stationary, somehow. Like a radiating field would dissipate if it was in motion or something. But I have seen otherwise, so I guess that maybe I'm not giving it enough "juice" or something.

I have the Ward on my room against Astral Travel... Dont really know if it works though since I go through it.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Most Wards will not block the Caster.

I guess it's sort of like, you know the combination to get into your locker, but no one else does.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 am

Ecept, in this cae, I can't jiggle the lock to make sure it works.
O.o
I love Metaphors- They are the Parables of today.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 am

I've found a method that sort of works, but you have to be able to really manipulate your energies.

First, you call up a small ball of your own energy, then you basically gather small strands of neutral, outside energy. Wrap that around your own energy until it doesn't feel 100% like you...until it's just a little off in resonance. Sort of like a spirit "dopplegangering" you would feel like. Then, chuck it at the ward.

If it passes through, the Ward probably needs recast or recharged.

If it bounces back at your head, you're good.

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 am

That sounds like single-player, metaphysical dodge-ball :lol: