Thieves!

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: Thieves!

Post by Mahala » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Well, it kind of sucks that the night I planned to throw up the ward, I fell asleep and woke up with pains in my abdomen. (It feels like when I stretch, my muscles are pushing on something swollen and painful internally.) I would be headed to the doctor for this, but alas; I have no health coverage and no money to pay out of pocket.

Since I'm going to be stuck at home and unable to do much for a while because of that, I was thinking of experimenting with the idea I had for a book ward. I just bought a small journal to put my spells and blessings into.

I was thinking of putting a stronger ward on it than the rest of my books, because if it was ever found I wouldn't see it again. What came to mind was a ward that protects the book from being found in the first place. If someone were to go looking for it with the wrong intent, it would be able to mimic the energies of the rest of the room and go unseen by the person searching for it, even if it was in plain sight. (You know how you lose something and you can't seem to find it, but when you do find it, it was in plain sight? I want to mimic that effect.)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:40 pm

runewulf wrote:That sounds like single-player, metaphysical dodge-ball :lol:
It's actually a fun way to pass some time, or occasionally make a friend who's also sensitive to energy duck with a "WHAT THE...!"

Mahala, that blending enchantment sounds sort of nifty, actually. I hope it works out for you, though I can't really give any input. The closest I've come to something like that has been when i draw in my aura to be "unremarkable".

Good luck!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I've found that a more permanent solutions for Books and the like is to Awaken the Spirit, and treat it nice, and it will respond on the Spiritual level to you.

Its alot easier than it sounds, and a few times the Book becomes aware and Awake on its own. Like a VERY personal journal.
:/
I know it because (dont lecture me on Ethics- Wait, Im in the Ethics section! Reguardless, it wasnt by evil that I did so) a girlfriends Journal snarled out and bit me while I was projected.
O.o
Thats just my theory though.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Lol, maybe you shouldn't have been bothering her journal to begin with? I would awaken the spirit of my new journal, but the problem is that it was sitting on a shelf in Target, which means the energies that may have seeped into it are probably not very nice. (First thing I want to do before warding it is to cleanse it and bless it.)

I've tried energy balls like that before, except I use them to store energy out of body. I've used that to work against illness by putting bad energy into 'quarantine' and leaving it to purify under the elements.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:43 am

I didn't cleanse mine because they had just reshly stocked it. So, the odds of it being exposed to negativity were slim to none, and I doubt that the machine would have crammed the notebook with negative energies by it's anger.
O.o
With her Journal - I forgot what she wanted for her Birthday and I REALLY needed to know because the night before. And the little bugger grew teeth and bit me... BIT ME. Sorry to reiterate that part, but I wasn't expecting it and it STILL amazes me at the idea of an object Awakening itself because of sheer swelling emotions layed within it, and attacking an Astral prowler with no orders or enchantment whatsoever. But, it's possible since other objects are alive.

I'd like to say that the difference between an object with a Spirit and an object that has been Awakened is that the Awakened object is aware of it's Spirit, and is able to act with some form of logic and intelligence, unlikme the object that just has a Spirit and reacts to different mild stimuli and has an existance on the Astral.
Awakening your Book might be a good idea for you, but it won't help it hide unless the Spirit can make it's own Wards... Which I'm not sure of its ability to do so. It is what I'm about to investigate further.

Off Topic Question: Does the Internet have a Spirit?! O.o
Nor any drop to drink."

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:31 am

Heh, this touches on some of the theoretical magic I've been trying lately.

Anything that's energetic can have a spirit, no? The Internet is highly energetic. I would postulate that it is mostly a collection of intently driven energy that also hosts a fair number of spirits.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 pm

I think the internet taps into our subconscious very easily. In that sense, it's more of a "realm" than a being with a spirit. That's my take, anyway.

A good "hiding" ward for a book or similar item you don't want seen is smoke (and mirrors?). I've heard many do this to themselves to offer invisibility, but I don't have that much success with it because I am too curious. If I feel like something is around me, I want to peek out. I always do a sort of camo/chameleon thing.

Just make sure that you can find your book after :lol: and remember, that the more often you think about your book (and about how you don't want it seen or stolen), the more obvious it will be to someone. So just be careful in that regard as well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:45 pm

I guess so. The Internet is filled with BILLIONS of Lives of Drama, and other stuff... And, once more, I say that a Realm is a collection of Spirits and Entities in a collaboration to make an Astral Existance.
I would like to go out on a limb, and say that both are right. It is both a Spirit and a Realm of Spirits. Infact, it's a World all it's own! O.o

Next project: Astral Projecting into the Internet!

And, yes, PLEASE be sure you can find it later. :/
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Hmmm. I didn't mean realm as in a world of its own, more a vibration, a dimension where thought exists more than form. I think the internet stimulates the astral quite well (Astral is where we connect with people on a relational level), but I wouldn't say it is a world of its own.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Hmm...
*Contemplates this in his chair, leaning back in deep thought as he falls backwards onto his floor. there, dazed, he gets up and rubs his head*
I think you're right. Perhaps, though, one could just do some testing into this conundrum. I'll do it.
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Even though my room is a disaster at any given time, I still manage to find everything I need. Even if my parents did go into my room, they wouldn't bother disturbing my stuff to go looking for something unless it was absolutely important. (I've caught my mother in my room while I was sleeping before, and I can tell when she forgets to re-lock my door; I always sleep with it locked.)

I would most likely program the ward to only reveal my book to me, but to hide it from those seeking to read from it or take it without understanding.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Ah, all this talk about Warding and personal protection brings up memories of my first attempts at these things-

And how they either backfired or failed miserably. In an attempt to secure my room, I Awakened my doorknob. But, in the long run, it jammed whenever anyone else wanted to get in and when my Dad found that my door jammed (not in a witchhunt. He just noticed that it kept jamming, and didn't give a thought to the idea that it unjammed for me) he just took it out.
:(
I never really got a new one.
Nor any drop to drink."