Thieves!

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Thieves!

Post by Mahala » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:31 pm

This topic came to me because we're having a major issue with theft recently. In the last few months, someone's been stealing things out of our carport, which just recently includes my $80 bike. The first thing taken was a 200 lb toolbox with all our broken tools in it, the weight we used to keep the tarps down during storms. (We can't even figure out how someone could move it more than five feet without help, let alone take it entirely! We don't know why they'd take a box full of rusty and busted tools either.)

The bugger is that they're taking ONLY the valuables, and they're obviously picking and choosing and looking through our things, now that they've seen the layout. :-k You can only see what's under our carport if you walk under it, which is the way to the door we use as the main door to the house. Nobody but family come under the carport, everyone else we don't know personally or haven't invited isn't welcome on this property. (Solicitors especially...) There are only two shady family members around lately, and it seems I'm the only one suspicious of it.

Mom and I are going to buy a motion-activated flood lamp and going through the pawn shops either tonight or tomorrow, but I want to put a dead stop to this before they get bolder break into the house when we're gone. (Dad sleeps in the living room every night, and Hell knows no fury like dad when he's rudely awaken at 4 A.M.!)

The problem here is I want to put a blanket of energy, a ward, or just some type of shield on our carport, with intent along the lines of "If you move anything off this property without explicit permission, may the fury of Mother Earth rain down upon your head until you return what has been taken!".

Is this necessarily bad? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go through with this, but I want to write and conjure something strong enough to ward off the would-be thieves or at least make them a bit miserable until they return what was taken. (Legal involvement is not definite just yet.) Even if we don't get our things back, I'd feel better if the slimeball that took our things suffered just a little for it. To me, theft is an unnacceptable crime that is only appropriate if there's something other than money as a reason for it. (Someone stealing to feed themselves, for example.)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Thieves!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Put an energetic "electric fence" ward up. I was thinking nails and broken glassn but you're kinda responsible if that is left in their field.

I would call in some heavy duty deities to protect your property and family, someone with bite, ya know? That way it is in their hands if you state your wish for protetion and shielding and after that, "Gods, do as you will!"

I wouldn't send anything directly to harm them. It is hard not to be vindictive when someone has stolen your stuff, but you are better than that. However, when it comes to protecting your family...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Oh that's awful. Yes use a strong protective ward. Hope this stops soon.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 am

Wandering around the Astral, I've found some ass-kicking Spirits that I've used to guard things. I've also found that you can make the Spirits of objects particularly brutish (with the problem that they STAY particularly brutal). But wards are something I haven't been needing to dabble with in a LONG time.
:/
I don't call Dieties to do my works, when a summoning and demand (I use this instead of "Command" because, in the essence of Spiritual things, the "Demand" represents and ultimate goal you wish to obtain with them helping, and a "Command" is the orders you issue when you feel they're needed to fulfill that particular goal) from 3 or 4 particularly nasty Spirits can have a place feeling morbid, unwelcoming, and not to mention violent. And, if the Spirits are strong enough, a good series of violent events will follow them and so on and so forth.

This would REALLY be a good time that, if you could somehow track them on a Spiritual level, to show your parents that this is no joke.
O.o
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:09 am

Erm..I disagree with 'showing' your parents anything. You've already said they are not ready to accept anything out of the norm yet. This is my opinion: Focus on the future protection of your house, if your belongings are going to be returned to you that's another issue, another ritual. You have said that you are able to tune in with neighbourhood spirits, so perhaps you could ask them to help you when casting your protective ward. I would make it a forceful but positive protection: the good flows in, the bad stays well out. I worry that if you surround yourself with negative angry "I'm going to get you if you dare cross me" energy, you'll inevitably be influenced by it yourself. I don't think it's good to be always angry, always dark, because I believe in the law of attraction. I guess that there are others who'll disagree with me on this point depending on belief systems.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 am

If this is about the Ethics of casting a Ward-

All Wards and other ways to protect yourself are considered different based on what kind of effect they will have or what they're intending to do. For instance it would be considered bad if you had whatever was protecting someting jump out and put a Spiritual smackdown on an innocent person. In this case, it would be a very bad idea to do as I do when something like that was needed, and call out some Malicious spirits to pull guard duty on your stuff.
And, yes, I just thought it over and this would NOTbe a good time to show them that it's not a joke. :/ It could freak them out more than help them understand you.

In the case of making an object's spirit Malicious- the only case where I've done that successfully is on my Book of Shadows, where I've made it return the Favor on whatever intent is being braught by whoever's looking for it, and so on. It's simply a matter of making the Spirit of the Book become aware of itself, and then being able to tell the book to do certain things.
As I've said, all things of any value have a Spirit. The way thatSpirit acts is a matter of what it's been used for, what it's been through, who's held and used it, and all the things inbetween that make it able to thrive. An example of this would be (for example) a ring passed down from generation to generation for 100s of years. It would have a Spirit of the Ring, it's own name, and it's own Power in some way. It has been enchanted by mere experience, and that is what has made it all the more powerful.

I'm chaseing Rabbits again!
The point is that you can make stuff be aware of it's Spirit if it's particularly valuable to you somehow, and then it can be protective or W/E you want it to be.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 pm

"May you Reap what you Sow" is actually the best anti-theft ward I've ever laid.

I have worked that into my full house wards before. "If you seek what is not yours, let you reap what you sow."

I have also "charmed" this into something I have to leave alone while in a crowded area. In fact, I used this today, when I was at the local public pool. I had my driver's license with the change of address form that I needed to bring to prove I was a resident...with a few bucks money. I placed the charm on my stuff so that I could feel safe swimming without a friend on the towel. I was in the water nearly an hour, and nothing was disturbed.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:22 pm

There is nothing wrong with warding an area... there's not even anything bad with laying down "repercussions" to a given action, i.e. "steal from here and suffer bad luck". If no one violates your space, then they won't have any problems.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I guess it's all in the intent you have when you lay it down.
I've always wanted a Magickal study of my own, with a strong Ward with several useless reprecussions for meaningless and harmful actions (such as sneezing). But this would be my own little space, and I can do whatever I want to it.
Now, I could see the problem with placing a Ward out in a public area for no real reason-

The point is that it's hard to Abuse a Ward. It's just a big field of energy that gives reprecussions for actions and are TERRIBLE for trying to cross the Astral in (depending on the strength of the Ward, what it's there for, and what actions set it off). So, setting up a Ward should be fine, depending on how you set it up and what it's intent is.
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:47 pm

I checked the carport and nothing's missing today that I can point out as obvious, but then again, my shady sibling hasn't been around today. Mom talked to him about the bike and he said something about it being gone before he left, Saturday afternoon... He kept insisting you could see everything from the street when the tarp blew up in a gust of wind, but there was no wind, and you still can't see my bike from the street. I have the feeling one of his friends took it after coming around looking for that same shady sibling. It is hard not to be a little angry and harsh, but I'm not letting the negative energy get too deep rooted because I'll need to be at my best to place a strong

I'm starting to get a much better focus on what I want to do with this. I want to get some kind of aura ID on the both of them next time they're around, and ask the deities to be especially watchful around them. I want to call two deities; Bast, protector of the land and goddess of war, and her Northern Egyptian counterpart, Sekhmet, a fierce hunter and also a warrior goddess, sometimes known as The Avenger of Wrongs. I'm going to also try and call in the neighborhood protector too, and ask it to watch the property in general. The moon phase is waning, a great time to work against theft and bring justice. I'll sprinkle some cinnamon, garlic, onion, and black pepper along the property lines to create a light ward of protection that will 'trip' when crossed by someone with not-so-pure intentions.

I want the details of the intent very clear between the goddesses and myself: Do unto others what they have done unto this family, be the favors kind or malicious. (If someone is kind enough to return the stolen bike or tools and whatever else, I want them to know we appreciate that favor.)

I've already decided my parents aren't going to see, here, or know about this because if I turned to them and said, "Don't worry, I called on Bast and Sekhmet to protect our things. Oh, and I also put up a ward to keep the thieves out." I'd get this as a response: :confused3: :smt107

I might add or change things as I go; I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done in the next week to be ready for summer.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 pm

I love putting up Wards and other things to guard stuff, but usually I have several Spirits at any one time "On Call" to guard stuff and my things if we're going on a family trip. I also have a rotation of some Spirits wandering my house...
If someone was to see my house on the Astral- It would look like a freaking magick fort with Spirits sitting on the roofs and whatnot, and 3 Wards set up (getting smaller as you go on. Property, House, and Room). I don't know why, but I like to overdo my guardians and other things when it comes to security.
But that's just my Mad paranoia. You shouldn't feel the need to do alot of stuff. I do it because of some big Spiritual war that happened here, and I made a few Spiritual enemies in the process (never get involved in Spiritual politics and agendas by taking sides. Sometimes good seems bad, and bad seems good. Learn from my mistakes!). I hope your ward goes well, though!
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 pm

:roll: #-o
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm not making it up.
You dont think Spirits fight? They do, and its a damned headache. I hated it- and made some enemies...
IDK about Spirits outside of Nowhere, but thats how it works here. Its nice alot of the time, but it can get rough. And my idiocracy for taking sides has me setting up Wards against Astral Travel and whatever.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Not to say that you're wrong Hygelia (I know that spirits aren't always what you'd call polite!), but I think the comment was more based towards how you responded than what you said in your posts.

By focusing on the drama and paranoia, you come across as more "Off your Rocker" than as someone who's dealt with tough situations and is honestly trying to help. That's just my opinion on the situation though.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Spirits fight, absolutely. I think most of us have been involved in *something* regarding spirits. However, there is a good saying: "You know a Shaman is a Shaman, because he will not admit it."

There's a little thing called humility. The way you present yourself is outright showboating. Claiming VIP access to the gods frankly is annoying. We ALL have our own personal relationships with the deities. I understand your genuineness and your experience, but this is not a contest. You don't have to wear a neon sign saying, "WIZARD HERE!!! LVL 56!"

You have a lot of talent and potential, if you can just curb your flaming ego. Also, this is a PG board. We do not entertain discussions of Hentai here or the general mentality of a frat boy. There are some rules of internet etiquette that you may want to research into.

Listen Hytegia: You've got great information. When I check in, a lot of what you say is valid and very advanced. However, you show it off. The way you tell it is like Kitsune said. You will impress newbies on the Pagan Path, but those who have been here a while and walked the path you are walking many times roll their eyes at the sheer EGO.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG