Speaking of Tattoo's...

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:53 am

Kitsune wrote:Daibanjo, nope, he and my brother are not circumsized... Or at least, I've never asked my father, but I know my younger brother isn't! :lol:

He understands growing and getting scars, but those to him are life tests, or perhaps, a better way to put it is memories of your own stupidity that life isn't going to let you forget... If that makes any sense... I'll have to ask him for clarification next time I see him... :-?
For me, all of my tatts were likewise symbolic of "life tests" as they all have deep meaning behind them. They are spiritual signposts to me....and even the pain of getting them was part of the process. I concentrated on experiencing it as a way of honoring what the work at hand was, it helped me acknowledge the pain of the situation the tattoo would represent for the rest of my life. So, in a way, it has the same effect as an accidental scar but done purposefully.
Sounds like undulant rhetoric to me!
Remember the Fallen: http://www.walkofthefallen.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:54 am

Labrys wrote:.and even the pain of getting them was part of the process.
Always find it funny (Schadenfreud), on the likes of Maimi ink, when someone comes in for their first ever tattoo, and wants it UNDER the upper arm, or accross the lower back, or just abouve the belt line/over the kidney area. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the old Irish farmer when aked directions to the local town; "I wouldn't start from here".

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:17 am

Ragnar wrote: or across the lower back
So guess where I'm having one done coming Tuesday :lol: :lol: :lol:
(but then again, I already have 2 done over my spine, so I know what's coming :-( )
/|\

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:20 am

Ragnar wrote:
Labrys wrote:.and even the pain of getting them was part of the process.
Always find it funny (Schadenfreud), on the likes of Maimi ink, when someone comes in for their first ever tattoo, and wants it UNDER the upper arm, or accross the lower back, or just abouve the belt line/over the kidney area. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the old Irish farmer when aked directions to the local town; "I wouldn't start from here".
Oh yes, that would be a lousy choice for a first one...owwwie. Tho' my worst ever was a clean-up redo going over my first ever tatt on my upper back. Tearing up old tatt work (scar tissue, after all) hurts the most of all! But Athena sure looked better and more 3-D afterwards!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:33 am

Don't know if it is the same there, but here tattooists charge double for a cover up tat.

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Ragnar wrote:Don't know if it is the same there, but here tattooists charge double for a cover up tat.
This ws not really a cover-up. I had the very same tattoo embellished to improve the quality; it was my first and done by a less talented artist than my usual guy. Also, all but that one of my tatts was not done in a studio but at private parties at a home.

We used to have one or two parties a year lasting 2 to 3 days....and the rates were about $75 per hour of work.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:01 pm

My first tat was on my sternum...the breastbone. It's actually one of the most painful places...but I did that on purpose...since the plan then was to later get a larger one on my leg...and I wanted to make sure I could handle the pain.

I need to get one of my tattoo's touched up...my ankle one is all messed up.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:15 pm

My didn't really hurt at all... Like I said, it's just above my left breast.

Actually the part that "hurt" the most was when it got rather close to my collarbone, and the bone was vibrating. That was a really creepy feeling, but I was also thinking, "Wow, if this is as bad as it gets, I'm set!" :lol:

The tattoo artist originally had it up on my shoulder, and I kept telling him to move it down... The guy seemed to be getting embarressed by how low I wanted it, so I settled on a bit higher than I originally wanted. :lol:

I can't wait to get a second one!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 am

The guy seemed to be getting embarressed by how low I wanted it
This is a guy who is supposed to do "No Entry" tattoos and "secretive" piercings, and he's intimidated by a little cleavage??
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:21 am

The worst place for a tattoo is actually your breasts.

The main reason for this is that the tissues gets stretched over time, and the tattoo can get distorted. That's why my one went in between.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:25 pm

He wanted it on my shoulder... I told I wanted it just above my breast.

He put the design on my shoulder, and I told him "Lower" until it was at least reasonably where I wanted it. :lol:

Only the bottom half could even be said to be on the breast... Heck, Crazy's seen it, so I have someone that can vouch for me that it's not too low!

It may distort a bit over the years, but lets face it, with B's to C's for cup size, it's not a huge worry of mine... Sagging tends to be vastly less pronounced in us "small" girls. :roll:

Personally, I think I want the next one on my shoulder, no matter how "un-feminine" a place it is, at least according to my Mother.

My problem is that I like seeing my tattoo's, which leaves me less places to put them. :-?

I figure if I can't see them and enjoy them, then I paid quite a bit of cash for something that I can't even properly enjoy.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:44 am

Kitsune wrote:for something that I can't even properly enjoy.
Interesting question arises.

For WHOM do you get your tattoos? Personaly I never saw the point of getting a tat where no one would ever see it, so obviously there IS a bit of "in your face" about it.

But as I am one that never really cares WHAT people think, you MAY have noticed, then does it really matter?

I also will not get a tat done whe I can not see it.

Which is it for you? (All of you I mean).

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:47 am

Kitsune wrote:for something that I can't even properly enjoy.
Interesting question arises.

For WHOM do you get your tattoos? Personaly I never saw the point of getting a tat where no one would ever see it, so obviously there IS a bit of "in your face" about it.

But as I am one that never really cares WHAT people think, you MAY have noticed, then does it really matter?

I also will not get a tat done whe I can not see it.

Personaly I see it as creating my own living totem "pole". And one of the purposes of a totem pole IS to show of the family/power, whatever, to others.

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 am

Ragnar wrote: I also will not get a tat done whe I can not see it.

Personaly I see it as creating my own living totem "pole". And one of the purposes of a totem pole IS to show of the family/power, whatever, to others.

Hmmm...for me, yes. I get the tatts to commemorate something in my life or belief, or some as an act of dedication. I would like them to be where I can see them, but obviously since my two largest are on my back, that isn't possible. But I know they are there. And most of them are visible to others when I am in summer wear...the only one hidden most of the time is my Bee Goddess on my lower back.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:53 am

I also like to see them...so both of mine are somewhere I would see them, even if the one is somewhere that only me and my close family would see.

I get tattoos for me...so I'll always try to keep them where I can see them w/o mirrors or photos.