When someone owes you money

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

When someone owes you money

Post by Lotus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Now, I am quite aware that it is not ethical to influence someone to do what you want them to do. However, does influencing someone to pay you back money that they owe faster wrong?
I've seen examples of rituals written for just this purpose but is it the equivalent style energy of a love spell, for example.

Its not like a major lump of money but, I have a feeling that I will never see it again.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Influencing them to make sure they pay you back isn't wrong, I would think - just don't up the amperage so that they are in such a need to pay you back that they get in trouble again. A gentle reminder of debt isn't wrong, just an aide for their memory - which is helpful in its own way.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:03 pm

I think this may be one of those cases where you can hold the person up by their collar and tell them they can pay you back or [insert threat here]. I'd sooner resort to this than energy/magic. :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:48 am

Magic is a bit unpredictable, as for if it is wrong, I don't know. If you are using it as a cop out so you don't have to address a tough situation, then maybe.

I think this one comes down to individual choice
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:04 am

Maybe a better approach would be a request in ritual form for those things you've lost or lent out to be returned to you, both physical and monetarily?

That way you're not "aiming" it at someone, you're basically asking the divine to help you find your missing socks/slippers/books and oh yeah, getting those twenty bucks I tossed so-and-so's way back would be nice too? Please? :-)
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm not coping out but, I really do not want to harrass the person or get physical. Normally I have no issue with asking for what is mine but right now this person is being very delicate.

I like Krystar's idea the best.....more of a returning thing.
I'm still thinking about it since Mercury is still in retrograde until Nov 1st and then shortly afterwards Mars goes into retrograde.
Any magical persuits might backfire since Mercury rules my rising sign and Mars rules my sun sign. *scratches head*

I just want to push things along so that I have this money for the holidays.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:56 am

Good question... The general returning ritual sounds awesome, but when Grimwell had a similar problem he just said that any lost money (since he and the woman he's lent it to stopped dating) was "the cost of doing business" :lol: ... Mind you, he probally would've cared more if I hadn't been there looking at him before the loss saying "Well, if you think you'll get it back..." :lol:. I think the loss was more an effort to placate me than not caring about the money or the relationship.

As for the ethical part, if it's a general returning, then it's not deliberately affecting them, it just the reminder and that should be fine.

I need to work on manifesting more wealth for the Christmas season... :-? It's going to be a tight Christmas since we're planning on Driving down to BC to spend it with relatives.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:58 pm

It's going to be a tight Christmas since we're planning on Driving down to BC to spend it with relatives.
That's not manifesting wealth ;)

"It's going to be a great Xmas! We'll have lots of gas in the vehicle and tonnes of great gifts for Ma and all our family and friends!"

I can lead you to some sweet deals down here ;) However, the prices may go up at Yule :(

BUT you could always bring those boxing day sale gifts back to Alberta for friends and fam! It could be the "exotic" treasures from "Wild BC" O_O (no comments on Abbotsford gangs here...)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 am

I think that you could run into ethical troubles if your efforts are so forceful that the person ends up in need because they paid you back. Perhaps if you did the returning ritual with a gradual intent so that you are paid back in increments that ensure that you get back what is rightfully yours and they are able to do it in a way that doesn't cripple them?

A friend owes me a lot of money and I owe another friend a lot of money, I am counting on one friend paying me back before I can pay back the other one. I'm not worried that I won't see the money, (and my friend has said I can have as long as I need to pay her back), but the financial position I'm in could get delicate if she was to do a ritual speeding her money back to her before I'm financially stable enough to return it.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:56 am

Very true, Crazy...

We're trying to change our thought processes but it's tough sometimes...

We're actually doing rather well, since everything is coming together...

Grimwell worries because every year without fail for the last 15 -20 years, something horribly expensive comes up on his side.

We're both working on changing that this year... It's just hard to change it right around that way...

Thank you for reminding me Crazy! This is going to take no effort at all, and I'll have more than enough, cause I manifest so! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:36 pm

Rock on, Foxy Lady!

That "curse" about the expenses skyrocketing once every year is like when you say you get sick at a certain time. It's bound to happen, because you say it will.

On the other hand, "curses" can actually be passed down. There is an interesting story of a man who lost everything in the Depression at 35. His son then lost everything at 35, and his grandson lost everything at around 35 while the other one died. You can see them in the energy field, and they can be cleared here as well. If Grimwell feels like it is something he does not have control over, try doing some work on his energy field, particularly his third and fourth layers, and higher up as well. I'm not saying anything will be there, but just working on them really helps get into the mind set.

Mind, your little energy vamp. seems to have a thing with Reiki ;) Perhaps just getting him to meditate on them?
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:30 am

I'll tell him to take a look. Maybe he's just ignoring something, like you suggest...

It's not that he minds Reiki... He just says that feeding on me "tastes" bad now. :lol:

Sort of like when you're expecting Steak and you get Tofu instead! :-D

It's bearable, but why when somebody at the same table has real Steak...

He'll let me do Reiki on him as well, he just requests that I don't do it when he's trying to sleep. :-D

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Re: When someone owes you money

Post by Sìle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Lotus wrote:Now, I am quite aware that it is not ethical to influence someone to do what you want them to do. However, does influencing someone to pay you back money that they owe faster wrong?
Absolutely not! You are perfectly within your rights to get the money sooner, IMO. :badgrin: