Accidents happen

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Accidents happen

Post by Mahala » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Well, I'll start out telling you how I remember it. I had Johanna over, we were working on a school project and I took her into the pasture to meet the horses. We went out back, and when we went back, supposedly one of us left the gate open. So, (Roxanne was out.) Roxanne got back to Dudly (STUD) and was probably had.
I DID NOT WANT A FOAL. :cry: He's a mutt, and Roxane is still in training.
But now, (worst possible) she could be pregnant.

At a horse forum I regularly visit, I'm doing everything I can to find out about equine abortions. Some people say there are injections to abort foals with.
I know this may sound mean, but is it possible to ask the Gods for infertility in my horse? (Hoping that she doesn't get prego.)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:08 am

If it is in the best interest of Roxanne, then perhaps aborting this foal is the better course of action? I don't know much about horses...do they devalue if they have foals?

The important thing is to try to let Roxanne know about your fears and try to sense what she wants. Our problem with our pets is that we cannot speak to them the way we can speak to our human friends and because of that we may do things to our pets against their wishes. Their consent is very important because they are sentient beings who should have control over their own destiny just as much as we humans have.

You can ask the Gods about it and pray for it, but SageWolf went through a similar thing with her dog recently - she might have some more advice.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:32 pm

With my dog, she got pregnant last year or we suusect but nothing from a vet, but i did have someone who has bread dogs for years tell me she was pregnant, She miscarried, at least we think either she was pregnant or she wasn't, but if she was and miscarried, I explained to her why we were doing this, she was alittle upset about it but she was also happy about it as well, something (and I did get this from her I swear to the GOds I did) about cramping when her heat cycle came on. and that the cramps will go away, I explained that too her because of the parts they were removing.

Look under petmeds.com and see if you can find anything for aborting a fetus, for equines, But I also know that they have pills to stop heat cycles, I tried to order some for my dog, but the vet wanted to see me, (At the time I couldn't afford to get her spayed.

My suggestion is to talk to your horse, if she is pregnant she will give you clues. Her temperment will change for one thing. She will either become mean or sweeter. And her appitite will increase as well. Also I might suggest when you talk to you horse, don't mention the words mutt in refrence to her foal, I think she will not be happy about that.

Talk to your parents, and see if they could help you as well.

Thats all I got right now

Hope everything works to your satisfaction and Good Luck

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:51 pm

If it is in the best interest of Roxanne, then perhaps aborting this foal is the better course of action? I don't know much about horses...do they devalue if they have foals?
Normally, no, but there are so many horses now that the price for foals is going down. (This is for purebreds too.) This baby would be half Arab, and half mutt. My friends over at the horse board said that there is a shot, and it only costs about $20-30.
My opinion:
She wanted to have Dudley to her because she was in heat, and it's spring. She MAY not want the foal though. I will 'talk' with her tomorrow.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Well Animals have needs too, sometimes I think they don't understand the complete consequenses when they do go get them some, but I do know that they enjoy it sometimes, depends on the animal they choose or don't choose,

Good luck with it,

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:19 am

"She wanted to have Dudley to her because she was in heat, and it's spring. She MAY not want the foal though. I will 'talk' with her tomorrow."

Yeah, it's springtime and fertility is the springtime thing :lol: All creatures are drawn to each other at this time of year.

When you talk to her, if Roxanne is less than enthusiastic don't feel trapped by her pregnancy (if she is pregnant), you are still her best friend/trainer/owner/rider, you have her best interests at heart and if she does have this foal, the baby will end up being your responsibility too. As long as you make that clear, I'm sure she will understand why you want to do this. Good luck!
SageWolf wrote:Well Animals have needs too, sometimes I think they don't understand the complete consequenses when they do go get them some, but I do know that they enjoy it sometimes, depends on the animal they choose or don't choose.
I think animals do know what the consequences are, animals are much more in touch with their fertility than humans are. After all, we have the power to delay it, remove it or enhance it, whereas they're stuck with theirs. It's just something I've observed myself :-D
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:18 am

I think they can know when they become pregnant, but the urge to mate when they are in season takes other thoughts away, they just want to mate. in some animals, the males will mate with as many females as he can, and some will even go until he mates himself to death, Literally.

I think they know on some level the consequenses. But urge to mate is above and beyond that thought.

Just My opnion.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:38 pm

SageWolf, you're talking about those little mice from Africa, aren't you? Those things are crazy!! They say that in a good season one male can impregnate up to 300 females. o_O

As for the horse, ask her, but remember in the end it's still your decision. Good luck. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 am

Actually I was thinking of an antelope or deer species, I can't remember the name of them, but I think they can impregnante as many as the mouse. isn't that insane?

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:03 am

SageWolf wrote:Actually I was thinking of an antelope or deer species, I can't remember the name of them, but I think they can impregnante as many as the mouse. isn't that insane?
How do people measure this? :lol: Aren't statistics wonderful!

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:53 am

Jescissa wrote:
SageWolf wrote:Actually I was thinking of an antelope or deer species, I can't remember the name of them, but I think they can impregnante as many as the mouse. isn't that insane?
How do people measure this? :lol: Aren't statistics wonderful!
I know where do the numbers come from. I was watching a show one day.. They said we had over 20 million views last night I watched this show last night and nobody asked me if I did. American Idol.
To thine own self be true.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sat May 05, 2007 9:17 pm

I think I have reason to be happy now... very happy... :D

ROXY'S IN HEAT!

Yep. She's been taunting poor Dudley for a week now. I think that she didn't take because his count is probably low. I also remember that my sister said he only has one teste, and that's why the last owner sold him. Well, whatever happened, it was a very lucky miracle. Now I can feel better.
Also, off-topic, but I wanted to say it.
My mother-in-law's gelding acts like he owns her. Today, he was nuzzling her and shooing her away from Dudley. Strange... Well, he's better than a mutt. And much more handsome. I'd love a foal by him. He's a palomino mustang with markings like a Kieger mustang, except his markings are bay, not black, as typical of Keigers. Too bad he's gelded.
If my horse-lingo perplexes you, ask me for the meaning.
:oops: ;)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun May 06, 2007 10:29 am

Nope, I'm female and think every girl learns what she can about horses when she's young.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun May 06, 2007 10:53 am

Heh heh... :oops: I think you're right, Kitsune!!

I even took riding lessons, but then, we had a horse. Unridable goat that she is but oh man what a spirit! Arabians...

Good to hear your baby isn't a mama, Mahala
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sun May 06, 2007 12:33 pm

The last thing I need is to be a granny at 14... yeesh. 8-)