Sending energy to people who haven't accepted...

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?

Is sending helpful energy ethical, if sent to someone who hasn't given permission?

Yes
No votes
No
13%
Yes, but...
63%
no, but...
25%

Total votes: 8

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Sending energy to people who haven't accepted...

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:19 pm

Haven't seen anything in here for a while.

Just wondering what people think of sending people helpful energy if they haven't said that they would be open to the energy?

If it's only helpful then it shouldn't be a problem.

But on the other hand, it would be a problem if their belief system says that it's unethical, especially to accept from a pagan.

What about animals? Especially if you can't "speak" with them to find out their desires.

I know what I think on the matter, just seeing what others think on this.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Sorry, I originally had a No, but... opinion too. How do I add that or is it limited to three answers?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:19 am

Done. You can add as many options as you like, WITHIN REASON. ;)

Just keep going to "add option" at the bottom of your "Poll option" list.

Ragnar

Re: Sending energy to people who haven't accepted...

Post by Ragnar » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:28 am

Kitsune wrote: But on the other hand, it would be a problem if their belief system says that it's unethical, especially to accept from a pagan.
The day they stop saying "I'll pray for you to be rescued from your satanic ways", THEN I will worry about that particular one. :-D

Animals, I think we have a duty to look after. Also, I think if an animal needs energy, then it is obvious in which way we can help.

I am of the opinion though, that if a person does not know what your doing, then does it have any effect?

The same with "curses". If they do not know they are cursed, in my opinion it does not work.

I had as my signature a month or two back "If my enemy does not know I am his enemy, then I am not trying hard enough" (In German).

I think the same goes when you replace "enemy" with "friend".

So my vote was "Yes but...."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:50 am

This is a huge issue in Reiki. It is unethical to send Distant Healing to anyone who has not given permission, animal or human, as everyone has the right to hold on to illness, and they may be needing it for a specific lesson in life.

However, just because you cannot ask them directly does not mean you cannot ask their soul. I always ask that it only go to the recipient with their soul's permission, giving them free will to accept or reject the energy. Always make sure the energy has somewhere else to go. I always say, "And what they do not receive I ask that it go to either Mother Earth, with Her permission, or to myself."
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Grumpy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grumpy » Mon May 01, 2006 6:59 am

Sorry CHL, but that "asking their soul" bit smacks a bit of the arrogance of Xtian evangelical you-need-to-be-saved-you-just-don't-know-it thing to me. I know you mean it differently, but it gives me creepy crawlies when people talk of communicating with my soul for purposes behind my back, regardless of the intention. My opinion is that if I need to hold on to an illness, for example, then I'm gonna have it 'till its time no matter what. I don't think positive energies (of any kind, whether its Reiki or well-intentioned xtian prayers or whatever) are gonna throw me off my intended path. (Although they may help, I'm not disavowing Reiki itself, BTW) Maybe its just a knee-jerk, childish, my-god-can-beat-up-your-god kind of thing, but I don't think anyone's good intentions for healing are capable of interfering with whatever my fate/destiny/life lessons may be.

How can it be unethical for someone to "receive" the energy if they haven't made the choice to accept it? It's not a matter of free will if they haven't been asked, therefore it can't impinge on THEIR ethical system, only on the sender's.

So, for the record, anyone who wants to send me positve energies of any kind from any spiritual realm, please feel free. IMO it can only help, not hurt, if its something I'm bound to suffer.
"Obedezco pero no complo"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 02, 2006 12:14 pm

it gives me creepy crawlies when people talk of communicating with my soul for purposes behind my back, regardless of the intention.
But is it really any better than sending something you may not want behind your back?
Communicating with your soul is communicating with YOU, not a part of you, so it's not behind your back.

To each his own, but I am used to arguing some of what is true and what is not on Reiki boards, so excuse me because I normally would just post, "You belive yours, I believe mine," but you have triggered the debate-hungry side of me. :lol: I must draw on personal experience, as well, because so much in Reiki is under debate by various people who don't want to be traditional, who do want to be traditional, who want to just disturb some s***.

So, I will have to disagree secondly that one has perfect ability to accept or reject whatever you send at them. After all, look at spells. Matter is energy (all things are energy in some form or fashion), and I don't believe we can choose to reject or receive everything any more than we can choose to reject or receive a hard punch to the gut, no matter what the intention (say if you are choking and it ends up just cracking a rib). We of course are often able to block it, but many time we can't. How many spells can you really prevent or block against yourself? Sure we all have the ability, but in practice how many can and do we block?

The notion of having permission first a) shows respect for the being and b) prevents any karmic backlash in case you are wrong. Asking them in person is the same as asking them on the astral plane.

From personal experience I have noticed an incredible difference in some individuals when I asked them on the astral plane. Early when I had my Reiki II, I had forgotten to ask for permission on the astral plane. I felt badly when I realized this, ended it, and them asked that it go only with their permission. The amount that was channelled through was incredibly different. This has only happened twice, as now I make sure to ask permission every time and not forget.

I don't know quite what to say to your comments about asking the soul being arrogant. How else are you to find permission if the person is in a coma, or it is an animal? When you ask the animal in person, waiting to receive the answer, what is it that communicates the answer to you? The astral body, or the soul.

I don't see the soul the way Xians do. The soul is the free body, the part of you that is free of bonds and travels around and goes Out Of Body. It is not something separate. It is your essence. It is you. The rest of you is just a shell, a means to communicate to another shell your permission or not. Asking the soul is just asking without having to enlist the aide of the physical body.

Okay. I am tired now. :lol: If you find any mean tones in my post I assure you they are not intentional.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue May 02, 2006 4:19 pm

Too many pagans fall into the trap of sending energy just because they think *they* are justified in doing so.
You do not know the reason so, you should not send unless they are kith or kin.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed May 03, 2006 1:04 am

I voted yes, but... I don't think it's unethical, my big question is if it's really worth the time I'd put into it. If a friend has a cold, I fix them soup, not light a ton of candles and spend 3 days in prayer all the while sending a slow trickle of healing energy. But if it's something major like in the hospital with the plague, then I'm all for sending some positive energy. Same with animals, if it's hungry or hurt I'll see if I can help, any way possible.

I agree with Grumpy, if the gods want my arm to fall off, then it's gonna fall off and no amount of praying and energy work will change that. Same with dieing cows, dogs, etc.

Ragnar, here here!! Well said! If they're gonna pray for me, then I should return the favor! :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 03, 2006 1:36 am

Of course. It is only...polite, to do so. :smt077

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 03, 2006 5:17 pm

Kith? What are Kith?

Sending energy. Hmmm, I voted yes butt. Personally I see no harm as long as you are sending them good stuff. But then again, I could be wrong.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed May 03, 2006 9:17 pm

Kith are ppl that almost count as family. You know, friends so close you're the first to know when they're in jail 'cause you're the one sitting next to them. Brothers from other mothers and sisters from different misters, you know the kind, we all have them, I've got 2 on my floor right now. lol :lol:

Oh, kith can also include pets, 4 legged or 2. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu May 04, 2006 9:29 am

Good to know.. I gotta get a lingo dictionary

I remember back when I was a Christian we prayed for people all the time. I feel kind of weird now, like I should have asked them.

Wow, new topic for discussion at my next Bible college reunion.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)