...protesting at a funeral........rant

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:53 am

Kelreth wrote:
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I'll tell you what it was caused by!! Dumb people not respecting Mother Earth and not having the sense to keep the marshlands and an insane leader who is consciously trying to bring about what the Book of Revelations fortells!!!
Scary thing is ......... its prolly true.....
And not just probably true, it is true.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:41 am

Kelreth, yeah, the little cities. In the bottom of the fire, the glowing coals, it looks like a little city. Or at least it does with wood as the fuel. Am I the only one who noticed this?
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:40 am

O Most of the fires ive been around burn down late late into the night. Like 7 in the morning and i dont want to stay awake that late cause ill be incoherent the next day. And or the fires are put out with water turning everything into mush.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:26 pm

I had a friend who was creating a LARP Church called the Church of Char, gos of mischievousness and fire.

She was so good at building fires that she created a bonfire that melted glass bottles! And it was RAINING the ENTIRE TIME!

Granted, as an acolyte of the Church of Char, I had to prove my worth...and my pyro-skill. I managed to start a fire in a blizzard, with OUT lighter fluid!

But I've seen the cities in the coals, because I've actually stayed up on many a camp out to watched the fire. kept it alive so that ppl could cook in the morning...then crawled off to bed until the afternoon! That was my main job sometimes!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Done it, been there.

4 foot of snow in Borodino, just o/s Moscow, in a blizzard in December. Starting with wet wood, and NO lighter fluid! It's not allowed because it is not "authentic".

Two boxes of candles, and a bottle of home distiled "vodka" later, I had it going in time for breakfast. :roll:

Breakfast was at 5 A.M. I started at 3 A.M. THEN a full pack 8 mile battle march to the local pub. AND we kept the powder dry!!!

Do I get "Honary" membership? :-D

"If I wasn't a Pioneer, I wouldn't be here". [-X

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Ragnar wrote:Do I get "Honary" membership? :-D

"If I wasn't a Pioneer, I wouldn't be here". [-X
I'm IMPRESSED!

I could see how the vodka would help. WE only had dried leaves and newspaper!

I'd say you can claim Church of Char! :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Gah, I meant to come back t this post

Kystar and Ragnar you look great

I always watch the flames, I swear that I hear voices in fire sometimes, oddly enough hey aren't telling me to burn things.

Bad news CHL, liberals down in the polls again because of their recent crappy adds

I used be an airplane mechanics, part of the job was making fun of pilots so I cannot comment on that.

Finally, home made vodka? I heard that stuff makes you go blind!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:44 pm

I know!! Darn it, Liberals! Get your heads on straight!! PLEASE don't let us fall to Conservatives!! PLEASE!!! He wants military presence in every CND country, and he wants Parliament to be able to overrule any court decision, meaning bye bye human rights. Bye bye gay rights. Bye bye women's rights. Have I mentioned this before?? ;) :evil:

Harper is a scary scary man.

And I have a new song. Anyone heard "I'm Afraid of Americans?" With Bowie and NIN very good. I now sing: "I'm afraid of Conservatives!"

As for homemade vodka: Come on now! This is North-Eastern Europe! These guys are professionals!! ;) Ay try homemade dandelion beer. YUM!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:08 am

Willow wrote: Finally, home made vodka? I heard that stuff makes you go blind!
You are meant to drink it, not wash your eyes in it. I dare say if you stuck it down your ear it would make you deaf as well. :roll:

As to the fire lighting. When you have 50 hungry, cold people about to decend on you for breakfast, it seems to sharpen your skills.

Like "need begets ability".

Actualy that is one of the Sammi/Wiking workings "need fire".

But WHICH meaning? :-D

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:41 am

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:08 am

Note to self:

Do...not...wash...eyes...with..homemade..Vodka. [-X

It's not everyday I can get practical advice like that :roll:

anyway, I will admit I have never tried the homemade stuff. Dandelion beer though eh? I put dandelion leaves in salad sometimes, they are pretty good.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:34 am

You can get dandilion and burdock in U.K as a fizzy bottled drink. THAT is wonderful stuff.

Add vodka, and WOW!:oops:

TOO easy to drink and you can't get it in Germany. :cry:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Dandelion beer is an aquired taste... It's got more nettles in it than dandelion, though. And it is very very healthy. FULL of iron but to make it healthy I'd say put more dandelions than anything in because of the potassium.

Anyway...

I need to sharpen my fire-making skills. I am, however, proud that I can built one at all out here in forests forever drenched.
As to the fire lighting. When you have 50 hungry, cold people about to decend on you for breakfast, it seems to sharpen your skills.
:lol: I'll bet
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by auramoonsongs » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:09 pm

I tried to make home made alcohol once, never again it made me ill for about a week. I stick to shop brought stuff now it's a lot safer.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Allways made my own beer in U.K. But it's a hobby that doesn't really seem to have caught on in Germany.

Probably the beer here is too good and too cheap to justify it.

My Grandfather always had a still on the go, in the engine room. Disguised as part of the cooling coils. :-D