Just wanted 2 no wot u think- may not b suitable 4 young ppl

Is a love spell really the equivalent of rape?
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:44 am

heheh One of these days all the stupid spoiled kids are gonna work for successful geniuses and every time one of the stupid ones say 'What? I don't get it? :-k ' their genius boss is gonna dock them a days pay!!!!! heheheheh They'll get smart or starve, one of the two!!! mwahahah :badgrin:

Darwinism at its best!! \:D/
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:12 am

I can hear it now, 'MOM!!! All the other girls get to drink!! Her parents will be at the party!!' 'Darn it ______, I said no! If you wanna drink you have to stay here!! If you wanna drink with your friends, let me talk to their moms and see what they say and you can all drink in a well supervised and safe area.
My mom... did that... She let us get drunk (14+) occasionally and even bought a little thing of Mikes Hard Lemonade, as long as she knew who I was with, who was there... She never even had a problem with me smoking marijuana.
Well, come adulthood I won't touch any of the stuff. I think if you take away the taboo essences of drinking and teach kids why people do it and this and that many won't go overboard once they reach the legal age. I've even given up coffee, but that's a different story.
That's my opinion, anyway, and I'm sure it differs with many. It is off topic but I thought I would share it since Oceans reminded me of it :oops:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:26 am

honestly, I agree with the "remove the taboo/forbidden aspect" and no one really cares. I used to sneak scotch from mom's liquor cabinet. Come 21, the only thing I really liked was the occasional glass of wine.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:27 am

I totally agree, I don't smoke any more of anything, I rarely drink and I don't do speed anymore. I tell you who I feel for, all the sheltered kids that finally leave home and go to collage and go all crazy and nearly get themselves killed and then wanna cry about it on Oprah, and all because they're parents didn't think about the future. One of those 'Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.' kinda arguments, what do they call it?.....oh yeah! Hindsight's always 20/20! that's it!

Dad may have been and ass, but Mom was overly nice to compensate, and she actually taught me stuff instead of just saying 'Because I said so!'

Oh crap! I think I hijacked the topic! Whatever it was and whoever started it, I am really sorry!!!! :oops:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Hey all, sorry if this will be a long post, you have touched on a lot of things that I am extremely passionate about.

Dichotomies:
Studying religion I have learned more about the way that women are taught to feel about themselves. there is a common theme knows as the Madonna/whore dichotomy found in almost all religions. A woman is either frigid or a nympho. And look in religious texts, in many languages where there is a feminine/ masculine /Nueter words associated witht eh worst possible thing in that religion are often feminine.

Bodies:
I have spent years doing advocacy for women's natural products and reusable products (diva cups, sea sponges, cloth pads) and again and again I have to fight the image that women's bodies are dirty, that we should always smell like roses and that our periods are only clean when they resemble the blue liquid on the commercials. I can't even repeat some of the stuff I have had said to me by people about how it is so dirty, and "but my body sticks" and my personal favourite "I don't want my boyfriends to know I have a period." Grrrrr :angry5:

Parents:
I can't complain, as long as I was open with them, they didn't care what I did, they asked me not to date until I was ready and not to do drugs. I thought that was fair and it never bothered me.
They were old fashioned, but they are fine with it when I talk about things like not wanting an engagement ring unless my bf wears one and not wanting a white wedding dress (btw, are there any fashion designers on this website?)

This is long enough, I have a lot more I could say but I think that is good for now. I need a moment to cool down.
Blessings
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:43 pm

Oh jeez!
Grrrr

It makes me so mad! Pad and tampon commercials are only played during times when kids are supposed to be in bed and/or during adult shows! My dad and my parents' male friends all groan and leave the room when they come on, yet we have to sit through those DARN ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION COMMERCIALS DURING KID SHOWS!!!!!! What is wrong with the world, seriously? Why can't the blue liquid be red?
I owe it to my last boyfriend to abolishing the shame and imagined "dirtiness" associated with periods and female "parts." He was great that way.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

gwmRNpozSC
Level 1
Level 1

Spoiled kids

Post by gwmRNpozSC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:15 pm

forgotten oceans wrote:...all the stupid spoiled kids are gonna work for successful geniuses...
I read an interesting news article some time back on this.

It was about the "trendy" people, rich "jet setters," who had been raised with the proverbial "silver spoon" in their mouths.

Anyway, many of these parents, the fathers, in particular, were finding that their "precious little" (spoiled rotten) girls were not coping with the REAL world AT ALL, once they were out in the real WORK world.

In a particular case they highlighted, daddy's little girl, a Vassar grad, kept jet setting all over the world, while her peers began to make good careers in various Fortune 500 companies, and were no longer around for her to pal around with, talking about how fulfilling their jobs were, etc.

So, she wanted a job, and daddy pulled a few strings, called in a favor or two, and got her a good job, not base entry level, at a company of this caliber.

The first thing that happened was she clashed with management about the mandatory business professional style dress code. She thought she should be able to dress like she always had.

The second thing that happened was she felt entirely infringed upon when management said she could not use company time, nor the company phone, to spend arranging her social life.

The third thing that happened was she was enraged to find that as a new employee she ONLY got TWO WEEKS OFF for vacation, and she announced that she WOULD be gone ALL SUMMER like normal, for her, to somewhere, I think the Riviera, and she did, and was appalled when she found out, when she came back, that she was FIRED.
RoBeRt., the OfFiCiAl ReGiStErEd Nut.
Loris, South Carolina, USA.

gwmRNpozSC
Level 1
Level 1

The sad thing was.....

Post by gwmRNpozSC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:25 pm

The sad thing was that in some ways, this is how my late sister was, most of her life.

Although we were far from rich, we were not deprived, and had far more than we needed.

Throughout most of sister's adult life, she was always holding out one hand, even during her first 8 year marriage, when they both worked.

Things that we all know come along.

No money for rent, groceries, car insurance, etc.

Our parents kept bailing her out.

I begged them to stop.

They (actually, mother) thought I was concerned about "how much" would be left for me, which shocked me.

When I got that idea out of her head, mother's reply to my objection was, "But she'll flounder!" To which I replied that (A) I could not do for her what they were doing for her, and (B) better now while they were alive to pick up the pieces than later on once they were gone.

Unfortunately, the latter is exactly how it happened.

Sister never understood accountability.

I remember us having a big fight when she tried to do a spell to get "what was hers" back......her driver's license that had been revoked for driving drunk!!!

She was irate, and accused me of making fun of her. I was livid, and said that it was a matter of dealing with the consequences of her actions.

Mind you, I miss her horribly. Neither of us were, are, perfect. But still, to know that I've seen this spoiled "the world owes me" attitude in my sister was, and always will be, a shock.
RoBeRt., the OfFiCiAl ReGiStErEd Nut.
Loris, South Carolina, USA.