Kitsune's Birthday!

Care to see my etchings?
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune's Birthday!

Post by Kitsune » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Well guys, my birthday was Awesome! I only got one picture though... It is of me in the oft-mentioned corset though, so hopefully that makes up for it. :lol:

First off, I got to sleep in late. That to me, was a wonderful way to wake up. Then I hung out with Grimwell, until he ran away for work. When he got back (two hours later, maybe) he was carrying an armful of roses... 30 of them, one for each year I've been alive. A full dozen of them were white, my favourite kind, and very hard to get at this time of year. He apparently had to take apart 3 or 4 sets to get those good ones. The rest of course were red as you can see. Hilariously enough, the roses wouldn't fit into the vase I had... The only thing big enough in the house was this tupperware container. :lol: They are still gorgeous though, and all the more precious since Grimwell never buys me flowers anymore.

We went out to a really nice dinner at East Side Mario's, a little Italian place for those of you who don't have them in your area. 8 or 9 of my friends showed up, and we had a great dinner. Afterwards we all headed out to see Avatar.

This movie is amazing! The graphics are incredible and the story, while quite familar, is wonderfully told. The story succeeds because it makes you care about the people and places involved. Go see this movie, even if you're not as fond of the sci-fi flicks usually, because if you don't you will be missing out!

That was about it though. It was an incredibly brilliant night and I loved it though.

My Dad got me a chapters gift card too... I was ecstatic! :oops: :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Kitsune's Birthday!

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:00 am

I am glad your birthday was so great. May you have many many more. Grimmy is a lucky guy and I hope he knows it.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:58 am

Sounds like a fantastic night! Grimwell is quite the charmer. Give him a hug for me and tell him, "Good going!" Sounds like he made your night :) So... Did it snow?

'Grats on the gift card, too. What fine scroll is our resident fox going to add to her collection?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 am

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:37 pm

We did get snow, although not as much as you wished upon us, Crazy! :lol:

Just enough came down that we could see it snowing but it only added maybe a centimeter or two. It was wonderful.

As for what scroll I'll add to my collection... I don't know yet. I have a few mangas that I need to pick up, but I'll probably just see what they have when I go there. Chapters has some awesome deals either on Boxing day or New Years day... so I'm certain I'll wait to see which day has the bigger deals and see what's in stock then.

I will let you guys know when I do buy something though.

Christmas with my Dad was awesome though. He got me my Spice and Wolf Season 1! I was so happy! I love that show so much. Even in English I'm impressed with it. And then, even though he had that wrapped and waiting at home for me, when he saw the final two manga of "Because I'm the Goddess" - a manga about a Goddess asked by the Gods to collect 'gifts' that have taken over certain humans - he just had to get them for me... I love my Dad. He knows me so well!

Incidentally, I got him books as well... and he loved them, which pleased me excessively. He does have to return one though... We got him a really nice hard copy of "Sense and Sensibility", but apparently he'd already purchased it for himself last month and forgot to tell me about it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:32 am

Oh Grimwell is a romantic hero :-) The corset is beautiful, my magpie eyes are shining! Glad you had a great birthday.

I loved Avatar. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Did you see it in 2d or 3d?
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

3D, of course. I really enjoyed the fact that the 3D was done really tastefully, with no distracting shots flying past your head and such. Brilliant movie, and it will be going in my collection when it comes out on video. Me and Grimwell were actually talking about going to see it 2D so that we could discuss in which medium it worked better. I'll let you know once we have. :-D

The corset is gorgeous... I'd love to wear it more often and really get used to it, but I think I'll wait until I'm a bit thinner to get an everyday one.

Oh, and Crazy, you'd asked about book purchases... I'll do a full review of any that you guys ask me for (I'm thinking of doing it for them anyways, and putting the reviews up on my blog that I have, maybe on YouTube as well, but don't quote me on that).

First, Writer's Gym by Eliza Clark. A wonderful collection of tips, essays, exercises and suggestions from published writers to those that want to be.

Second, The First Five Pages - A Writer's Guide to staying out of the Rejection Pile by Noah Lukeman. Most agents will have decided within 5 pages if you're novel is good enough for publication... this book offers to help you make your first 5 pages better. 'Nuff Said.

Third, Revision & Self-Editing - Techniques for transforming your first draft into a finished novel by James Scott Bell. Once again, 'Nuff Said.

Forth, The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference by Various Authors, Introduction by Terry Brooks. This is a great little reference with a lot of great little articles for when you need just a bit of information about a culture or clothing worn in a certain era. It has Wicca and Paganism in it as well. I'd be annoyed, but it also has Christianity as well.

Lastly, I got The Goddess is in the Details - Wisdom for the Everyday Witch by Deborah Blake. A nice Wicca 202 book ( :lol: ), at least on first glance. It's about making a daily practice, and states that if you don't know the basics you should find another book... Tops she gives a refresher course so you know what she means when she uses words like "ritual" or "witch". This one I will write up a review for when I'm done, since it does pertain to the topics at hand.

A good set I thought... And I'm rather enjoying the two I've started reading already!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 am

Me and my family saw Avatar 3D on 12/25. We were going to see Sherlock but the line was around the building. It was a really great movie, but because the theatre was full, we had to sit in the first few rows which made us looking up at the screen. Maybe it was the angle, but during the fast action it made my wife and daughter nauseous, they had to keep taking the glasses off. I felt it for a little bit then got used to it. My suggestion, sit farther back in the theatre if you are going to see it in 3D.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.