Regimental party Jule 2009.

Care to see my etchings?
Ragnar

Regimental party Jule 2009.

Post by Ragnar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Me and the Feldwebel over a chat.

Yes! He (The Feldwebel) made it himself!

Lisa just about to use that bayonet that is sitting in front of her. :lol:

Sceptical Mona Lisa

This took place in a house that was once a farm house in Brandenburg, which the Feldwebel has rebuilt. Every thing you see in the room, except the people, have been built by him from scratch. But using the old plans.

Damn brilliant wood worker.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Regimental party Jule 2009.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 am

Wow, what an incredible skill!!! Marvellous

Looks like you guys had fun ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 am

It was more fun than the photos show actualy. there were about twenty of us there, from all different Regiments, eventually, and we were still wide awake at 7 O'Clock in the morning. We went through 8 cases of beer, so 80 liters, and not everyone was drinking beer. There was wine and spirits as well.

Only one was sent away in disgrace. Other than that, a great night. :occasion7: :partyman:

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:35 am

Oh that looks like a good party! Ragnar, I can't help thinking you and I would party well together :partyman: What's your drink of choice?
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 am

Max wrote:Oh that looks like a good party! Ragnar, I can't help thinking you and I would party well together :partyman: What's your drink of choice?
Now that is a question.

Beer, of course. But as far as spirits go, Germany is :-# USELESS!!!

NEVER buy a "spirit" drink that is made in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.

To describe them proprly, I would be getting a snotty post from Libs.

They are TERRIBLE! Like drinking sugary boat/deck/yacht varnish. (YES, I HAVE tasted it. LOOONG story.)

SO! Lambs navy rum, Gordons gin, and Smirrnoff vodka. In that order.

But I am not really a spirit drinker. I prefer Beer over everything.

AHA! Mead! WHEN I make my own, then great. But the "factory" stuff is much to sweet for me. Which, for someone who puts 10 spoonfulls of sugar in a medium cup of coffee, and uses a whole kilo of sugar for a liter of rice pudding or custard, is saying something. :roll:

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm with you on that, Ragnar.

A Druidic friend of mine makes his own Mead. I'm hoping to get a small barrel of it this spring.

Homemade is the best stuff you'll ever drink, and that's a fact.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Hubby is experimenting with mead soon. He's got wine going in our basement right now...due to be drinkable in mid-January.

Unfortunately, I can't stand Beer. Got a sip of something that was just going bad thanks to my dad when I was younger, and now beer turns my stomach.

A good scotch, now that's a tipple for the ages. But, a nice sweet wine...that's my weakness.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:07 pm

I must admit, I can't stand alcohol myself. I can taste it... no matter how skillfully it's hidden. I just don't like the taste.

Beer is the worst though. I have tasted mead before as well (homemade by a professional at a SCA event) and even that turned my stomach.

When I drink, I have lite screwdrivers (since yes, I am insane and can taste vodka through the orange juice) or wine coolers. Chardonnay is okay as is fruit flavoured wines, but only if there's nothing else available.

I enjoy partying with people who drink though... I just never get more than pleasantly blurred myself.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:36 am

Kitsune wrote:I must admit, I can't stand alcohol myself. I can taste it... no matter how skillfully it's hidden.
Interesting you should say that.

This myth that you can not taste vodka is the biggest pile of bull manure that I have ever heard. I have made it to a party trick in the base, that they put ten glasses in front of me. Only one has vodka in, and EVERY time I get the correct glass.

NOW they have stopped taking the bet, UNLESS we have a ship in where the crew do not know me. Then my complete ship normally ends up with free drinks from the other crew swallowing the bait. :badgrin:

THAT and my "moving the compass needle ten degrees without touching it"ability"". :lol:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 pm

People always tell me "Oh you can't taste the liquor in it" and I always groan since I always can. Kaluha, Vodka, Amaretto... I can always taste regardless of how people say that its hidden. People have never tried to use this ability of mine to get free drinks though... There's an interesting idea.

I do have a habit for buying drinks with a heck of a lot of alcohol in them though. I remember me and a few friends went to an SCA event in the states some years ago, and we bought alcohol there. My friends were bemoaning that their beer was only 4% or something hideously tiny like that, and then they asked why I was smirking. My wine coolers had 12%, more than most Canadian beers. Suddenly all the guys were wishing they'd gotten wine coolers for their girls instead of the American beer. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:41 am

Any beer under 5% here, only sells to "the wino's". Average is between 5 and 5,6% Biut you CAN biuy "specials" like "christmas Beers", which are between 9 and 15%. But they have to be that to meet "legal definition".

In Britain they have the "Tenants super strength", or "Carlsberg special" with around 7 to 9%. But in the U.K, the stronger the beer (with some quality example, exceptions(Spitfire", "Old speckled hen", "Roger and out", etc), the worse they taste.

MY theory over U.S beer is, the reason they like it so cold, is that the colder a dink is, the less you can tell that it tastes like the watery waste evacuation of a camel.

Althoug Canada has still to answer to the war crimes tribunal over "Moosehead". :badgrin:

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 am

Lambs Navy Rum! Now that's a drink. A strong drink. I like my rum and whiskey, but with a little less percentage!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Ragnar wrote:MY theory over U.S beer is, the reason they like it so cold, is that the colder a dink is, the less you can tell that it tastes like the watery waste evacuation of a camel.
Thank the gods that doesn't apply to Aussie beer (and that does not apply to Fosters ... Whoever decided to promote that as THE Aussie beer needs shooting) lol. It's just too damn hot to have it any other way here. But, it's always hilarious watching a yank get smashed on Aussie beer for the first time, since they assume it's weak as their own poor excuse for an alcoholic beverage, and we're so mean about it all ... We don't bother trying to explain till the poor sod is hung over the next morning. But it made for very interesting university days lol :lol:

By the way, love the photos Ragnar :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:28 pm

It's definately an Eurpoean thing to drink alcohol warm... Personally, I throw ice in everything here, alcoholic or not. Heck, my cokes get put in the freezer at work during lunch so they'll be just warmer than ice once I get back from my break. :lol:

The only thing I don't add ice to is Hot chocolate, Hot Tea or Warmed Apple Cider... for the obvious reasons. :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Kitsune wrote: Heck, my cokes get put in the freezer at work during lunch so they'll be just warmer than ice once I get back from my break. :lol:
We had a 7 Up/Coke machine in the NAAFI (PX is the U.S equivalent) in Chichester. The drinks were SO cold, that we used to have about two or three half liter glasses befor going to the dentist, who did NOT use anesthetic. #-o But after this drink you did not need it!

It was so pressurised that it was COLDER than freezing, but did not turn to ice (the science WAS explained to me at the time, but that was nearly 30 years ago!). If you left it standing, it would turn to ice as it WARMED! (Because of the pressure differencer apparantly).