Leipzig 2008!

Care to see my etchings?
Ragnar

Leipzig 2008!

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:24 am

Me far right with white....ISH trousers.

A bit lrger;

Now THAT is perfect timing.

The full cannon crew, the right time of day, AND JUST as Fredricke sais BANG! =D>

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Leipzig 2008!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:55 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> WOW I would have loved to be an eyewitness to that! Holy smoke! Great picture!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Nicely done, did you want to take the picture like that or was it an accident?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 am

It is not MY picture. I am actualy IN the photo. At the far right of the large version.

The guy who took it could not believe that he had, after 15 years FINALLY got that split second as the flame is at it's full. Pure luck withjout a movie camera.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Fire is awesome. That is a wonderful shot that he got! I'd love to be able to get over to see your group in action! Sapphire and I are planning a trip to Europe in about 5 years, so maybe then.

Course, in 5 years time, Ragnar will be in charge of the whole operation, so it'll be impossible to track him down and have a brew. :lol:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:55 am

davisherm wrote: Course, in 5 years time, Ragnar will be in charge of the whole operation, so it'll be impossible to track him down and have a brew. :lol:
In 5 years is 2013!!!!

The 200 year aniversary of MOST of the battles. Leipzig will be MASSIVE! So will Großgorschen, Großbeeren, Möckern, Dennewitz, Ghörde, and many others.

It will bean EXPENSIVE year.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 pm

So that means a LOT of beers right? :drink:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm

davisherm wrote:So that means a LOT of beers right? :drink:

You can only physically drink SO many......But it does not stop me trying to bend the rules of physically. :lol:

I meant more the cost of travel though. It means one or two events per month for the whole year, and in August, September, October, three per months and in April one per WEEK.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 pm

So what your really saying is, that is a good year to visit germany and sample multiple brewskies? While watching people play with fire and things that explode. Sounds like and ideal vacation.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:34 am

Brewsies? Did not know you spoke Russian. :-D

Same problem here as world wide. All the small brewries are merging into big plastic beer regurgitating clongomeates, with not a CLUE as to what a REAL beer is. :evil:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Ragnar, have you considered asking your local sect of "Those who hit each other with pointy sticks", otherwise known as the medievel reconstructions (they're called Society for Creative Anachronism here), who their Brewmasters are. They usually make the great homemade stuff, and if you give them enough time before hand, a group of them may be able to supply your events.

Unless they're already doing that... in which case, I'll go on my merry way and pretend that this never happened. :-" :-" :-"

outtahere: :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:34 am

I make my own homebrew stuff. But because of the ridiculously low price, and the GENERAL good quality of bee here, it is not a QUARTER as popular as in the English speaking world.

The main problem with brewery mergers is you loose beers. Such as the Kindl Bock Bier, which no longer exists except for a few "speecial event" brew runs, and MAYBE for export.

I also make my own mead.

BUT there is NO homebrewer that could supply the amount needed. Leipzig on average 300, but 2003, 5,000, 2008, 4,500, Expected for 2013, between 9 and 10,000.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:33 am

Hmmm, you have a point there... They'd have to start making it now, and selling it to you wholesale. Does beer and mead last very long in storage? :-k

I know that wine gets better with age... So you might have a finer wine at least that way. \:D/ :lol:

Sorry I wasn't able to help there. I'll post any interesting solutions I come up with, but it sounds like you've already considered the ideas I've got. Hopefully you'll figure it out something that'll work!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 am

Kitsune wrote:Hmmm, you have a point there... They'd have to start making it now, and selling it to you wholesale. Does beer and mead last very long in storage? :-k

I know that wine gets better with age... So you might have a finer wine at least that way. \:D/ :lol:
Depends on the type of beer. Bitter and stout must be drunk within a year of brewing. Lager, as the name implies (Lager is German for "store"), can be kept more or less indefinately.

MEAD. \:D/ \:D/

I once decided that my home brew was boring. SO I thought "instead of using two pound of suger I will use honey..... TWENTY pound. So. I made this brew, which was basically beer based, but with honey as the sweetener.

It went through the normal process and was bottled (About ten weels). Then three months later it is...."officialy" drinkable. (Of COURSE I had to try a bottle or two before, to ensure quality control! :roll: )

It was VERY sweet, could have done with a month longer in the kettle. BUT WOW!!! it was GREAT.

Five years later, I am moving house due to an intransigent (now) ex wife. Behind my gun safe, I find two bottles of this mead which had been forgotten about!!

So. I take them to my Sisters place, and we open them.

BLOODY HEL!!!! The FUMES were enough to put gorilla hair on a two month old baby girls chest. We tested the strength and found it was THREE times stronger than a BLOODY good single malt Scotch.

This stuff was INTENDED to drink, like beer, by the pint. NO chance. The two one liter bottles lasted the hearth of five about three weeks. Mixed quarter "mead" with three quartzers beer, and in HALF pint horns. :-D
Sorry I wasn't able to help there. I'll post any interesting solutions I come up with, but it sounds like you've already considered the ideas I've got. Hopefully you'll figure it out something that'll work!
HAY! No going all sorry on us. It DID help. It gave us an excuse to increase the sites post count for a start! ;)

NEVER be afraid to put foreward a suggestion, it MAY be the final piece in the puzzle.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:16 am

LOL, I think brewskie is the universal language really.

My father makes home made wine, in University we always tried to make our own beer, but we could never figure out how to carbonate it, and canadians generally like really cold and fairly bubbly beer, especially first year university students who don't really drink for flavour anyway :-D
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)