Why did you pick your Avatar?

Care to see my etchings?
Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Why did you pick your Avatar?

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:05 am

All this talk about tattoos got me to thinking...

Any stories about the avatar you picked for this forum? I have noticed some of you have picked some very cool pictures and I would imagine some thought went into choosing the right one.

I choose mine because it is a picture of how I think the universe would look like on some ethereal level if only we could see it.

Also, it is a fractal so someone used a math equation to create the picture which ties into the 'we are all part of the whole' idea.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:46 am

Mine alternates between a few, but the main ones I use have an Owl, preferably a Great Horned Owl.

The GH Owl is my Spirit Guide and my Spirit Form.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Love tigers, I feel a close connection to them (especially after working a wildlife rescue centre and getting loved...read pounced).

People who have done spiritual services for me have seen or felt tiger or cat auras or presences, so I just go with it.

Nature is where I feel most at home, particularly when there are trees around.

I just really thought the fairy was cute.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:17 pm

I waited until I found the best one for me, and then I emailed the mods begging that they make it my avatar since I was useless and couldn't figure out how to do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you by the way! I know I thanked you before, but it was sooo helpful. :lol:

My name on the board is Kitsune (pronounced Kit-soo-nay, not Kit-soon :-D ) which is a japanese word that translates to Spirt Fox, or Demon Fox... Basically, a Fox, which when it became old enough, automatically became a creature of great power. They had many abilities, the ability to take human form for one, and they were incredibly wise and intelligent. They could also be very destructive, when they had their heart or mind set on something... Definately tricksters (Although less than Coyote), and most seemed not to understand their sense of humour.

When I was younger I wanted to be a Kitsune... I would daydream about it for hours, even before I truely knew what they were... :oops:

So I became Kitsune online, and then I found this pic... The picture of a smiling kitsune, white (gaijin, or foreigner, like me!), wearing the robe that reminds me of a japanese priestess, and holding the giant brush... Seeing as the brush not only stands for art (painting and drawings, both of which I do), it also stands for intelligence since it was also used for a writing implement in ancient Japan (which I consider myself to have :-D ), the picture as a whole seemed to suit me and the image I wanted to give perfectly!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:34 pm

I picked it because it looks almost like me, and it was from a picture I like very much. And it is also the face of my favorite character that I've created, Evera Kaui.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:50 pm

I've always loved dragons. I have pictures, drawings, and figurines. I picked mine because it has a hatchling, which really represented me when I started coming here. I was just a babe on the path of a possible new found enlightenment. I've since learned a lot, and realized I'm still really a babe. So I haven't change it any.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:48 pm

My avatar is an Irish Shamanka (by Cheryl Rose) who really moved me. Deer (or Stag, depending) has been a marvellous guide for me into the woods of the subconscious, leading me on amazing adventures, sometimes literally leading me along, drawing me further, although I'm more prone to following birds. The Shamanka's staff has a flower, which symbolizes, to me, life within a wintery Canadian scenery, but also the power within something so fragile as a little white flower.

Also, she looks like me, blue eyes and all, except her hair is a little longer since I last got fed up and chopped a few inches off.

She symbolizes the journey of the soul, to me, also trial and perseverance, as well as adventure and fearlessness/courage.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Why did you pick your Avatar?

Post by Labrys » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 am

Bandersnatch wrote:All this talk about tattoos got me to thinking...

Any stories about the avatar you picked for this forum?
Mine is simply a picture of me, taken the summer before last, right after my Athena tatt got her update.
Sounds like undulant rhetoric to me!
Remember the Fallen: http://www.walkofthefallen.com

Seawitch
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Seawitch » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:10 am

Mine says a lot about me in it's own way, a Former Merchant Mariner aware of decline and change, the painting is called 'Two endangered Species'.
It's a light hearted but also serious work.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:18 am

I recently changed mine from a simple pond view of a lotus. The old one was nice because it was simple and serene....water calming all my fire.
The lotus flower in many cultures is symbolic of spirituality or awakening.

The new one is a pic from a Japanese anime that I am vaguely familure with. I added my user name to the pick and liked how it almost looks like she is conjuring up the name. doiknow: She kind of looks like me when I was younger/thinner.
The pic is reminder of happier times, I guess.
Besides, purple is my favorite color. :-D

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:55 am

Besides, purple is my favorite color.
Me too!

and I really like the new Avatar.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am

Also recently changed. Roses have always been among my favorite flowers... and purple my favorite colors. I actually color-altered and re-sized this picture just for this reason, to be an avatar. I don't know why I like purple and white, I just do, but I might change it yet again...

Yup. I made this one too. From scratch... it's simple, purple and black... but simple says a lot. And it's just a name tag.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 am

Bandersnatch wrote:
Besides, purple is my favorite color.
Me too!

and I really like the new Avatar.
Thanks.
I have always liked purple. Green is my second choice.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 am

You guys are awesome =D>

We really have a talented bunch here. I also paint in watercolours but I haven't got anything posted on the internet.

Maybe someday.