Some more sacred sites

Care to see my etchings?
daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Some more sacred sites

Post by daibanjo » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 am

Every couple of years or so we go back to Wales and i take the family around these places.

This is Castell Carreg Cennen, It's a medieaval castle built on top of a cave. There's evidence of the cave and the site itself having been used for ritual before the castle was built.

The Goddess well at Glastonbury.

This is me at Stonehenge. (Windy day)
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:05 am

Wow, I'm speechless. Those are wonderful.
To thine own self be true.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:34 am

Amazing! I cannot wait until I take a step beyond the BC border and explore the world - Ireland, Scotland and Wales are at the top of my list!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:47 pm

I love Stone henge, you a really have an eye for good photogrpahy.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Wow, some great pics here! I've never been to Castell Carreg Cennen, it looks amazing! The nearest castles to me are Conwy, Caernarfon, Deganwy and Harlech.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:52 pm

Once again, amazing pics Daibanjo! I'm gonna hide in your suitcase the next time you go to any of these places! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:27 pm

*envy*
I live soooo far away from those places. The nearest castle to me is FOREVER away. Very cool though.

I also gotta say, I totally love your hair. :-D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:50 am

I am officially a little green after seeing that Stonehenge shot.

It's been on my list of places to go since I was about 13 and I haven't managed to get across the Atlantic yet. Someday.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:42 pm

davisherm wrote:I am officially a little green after seeing that Stonehenge shot.

It's been on my list of places to go since I was about 13 and I haven't managed to get across the Atlantic yet. Someday.
I know I feel like Im called to go there, not a good thing.. That place is a long way from good ol' Missouri

Have you been here?

http://www.unmuseum.org/mysthill.htm
To thine own self be true.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:12 pm

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the British isles, so maybe we can make it there.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:48 pm

So are Arcanum and I, FyreGarnet lol. We've both wanted to go to the UK for a while now ... So we were thinking of honeymooning, then having an extended holiday in the UK. *cross fingers* It would be awesome if we make it.

Wonderful photos btw :-D Share more! I'd love to see more lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:50 am

I'm so jealous... A friend of mine is having her honeymoon in Europe and while they are there, they are going in to see Stonehenge. You heard me... IN Stonehenge!!!! INSIDE!!!! I don't know what kind of connections this girly has, but I'm so happy for her and so green at the same time!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:56 am

I really have to get out of the North East of England and go and see these places. Mind you, the North-East has some pretty cool places to go to as well - Mother Shipton's cave is a fantastic one, with a waterfall that turns items to stone. I'll have to go again at some point in the next cuple of weeks, and take my camera.

For those of you who don't know about Old Mother Shipton, she was a woman born in the 15th/16th century in a cave just outside Knaresbrough. She foretold many prophecies, most of which (as far as we know) have come true, many of them occuring after her own death.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")