Ever Cried Over Art?

Care to see my etchings?
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Ever Cried Over Art?

Post by Willow » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:43 am

I am reading a phenomenal book right now calle "Pictures and Tears: Stories of people who have cried in front of art"

I was wondering if anyone else has been that emotionally moved. I would love to see what paintings/photographs have moved you to tears or some other religious experience.

I have over this one

Go to http://www.salmaarastu.com/ click on paintings, 1999 and number nine (I love number one as well)

It was just a moving picutre and I have no clue why, I think it reminded me of cool winter Sundays at night when we would sit and watch the snow fall. The dark colours are quite evocitave.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am

Number 8 moved me, But not to tears.

Anyway I've never been moved to tears from a piece of Art work, but I'm open for suggestion'

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:51 pm

These are gorgeous pictures! I loved 14.

I have been moved to tears by artwork, it can be anything from a painting to a sculpture to a photograph and if the emotion takes me, I'll cry a little :-D There is an incredible film called 'Himalaya', which is set in a tiny village in the Himalayas (duh!) but the combination of the imagery and the music is so breathtaking that I just can't help myself, I always cry a little at that film.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:51 pm

I have been moved to tears by art, and by voiceless music. Art reaches so deeply into the soul. I am amazed by it so often
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG