Page 1 of 2

Iriseyes Pics

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:08 pm
by iriseyes
Here is a start of my collection.. Some things I already had. Some are literally by accident.

This first one is a project my daughter had in school, she had to bend this wire to make something she picked a face and hated it when she knew I liked it she gave it to me.
I saw a representation of The Goddess
Image

This is another project my daughter had a few years ago in school, she won prizes on it and when she brought it home she gave it to me.. Until I found my new path in life it held change..

Now it is a clay cauldron
Image

This is a start to my alter most of these things I already owned and came across and thougth.. Hey, You would do nicely for this...
The tall candle holders I found at a flea market.. I walked past them and I swear they tingled.. I turned and looked at them and new I wanted to take them home. A Mirror also is in the set..
The stones were purchased at a metaphysical store and I picked those four out of a great big bowl.
The Horse Chestnuts came from a tree 1/2 block from here I picked them up off of the ground.
Image

That is all for now.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:19 pm
by davisherm
That's a great start to your altar!

Most people I know are just like you, finding things they've had all this time and then suddenly realizing just how they're supposed to be used. It's such a great feeling.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:27 pm
by iriseyes
davisherm wrote:That's a great start to your altar!

Most people I know are just like you, finding things they've had all this time and then suddenly realizing just how they're supposed to be used. It's such a great feeling.
Well thank you. Im still working on getting other things as well.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:28 pm
by Kystar
Oh, I've done the flea market thing...blasted things SHOUT at me when I'm supposed to buy them...even if they're not supposed to be for me.

I don't know how many things I've bought, had for like...oh a DAY...that I handed to a friend b/c I realized that I had bought the item for them b/c they weren't tehre to buy it!

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:31 pm
by iriseyes
THe face and a mirror are right above this alter space.. It really looks cool.. I think.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:55 pm
by Windwalker
That's awesome, Iris! A wonderful altar.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:54 am
by Jescissa
Your altar is lovely :-D Your daughter's wire sculpture makes me tingle, it represents the Goddess to me too :-D

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:08 am
by iriseyes
There are things I need to find.. But you do have to start somewhere..

I going to add more today if called to do so..

Jessica I KNOW. :-D

BTW my avatar is me.. My boyfriend is a wonderful artist..

He drew that of me and then added..

Star wars fans unite.. a Holicron..

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:58 am
by Willow
everything looks loveley.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:01 am
by iriseyes
Willow wrote:everything looks loveley.
Thank you.. I was editing my earlier post when you wrote this.

I'm going on a hike today.. I'm hoping things are going to call to me..
I have been going nuts trying to get out to this special place.. The trail its self is calling me. I cant wait to see what I can find.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:08 am
by morgana
Looks good, I love the candle holder in the middle with the leaves on it! :-D

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 am
by iriseyes
morgana wrote:Looks good, I love the candle holder in the middle with the leaves on it! :-D
That piece you mention is really cool.. I bought all four pieces at the same time, the lady sold them as a set to me. I had to buy them.. I looked at them for a good 5 to 10 minutes.. When I would set them down I would end up standing in front of them.. In order for me not to go nuts I bought them and set them up.. Think I bought them for $4.00.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:02 am
by SageWolf
Your Alter is very nice, My alter has a bunch of Rocks and plants and feathers, on it, My sister in law has a whole bunch of peacock feathers and I asked for one, She gave me my choice, except for a few she absolutely wanted to keep, I also have an Ink well, Our cousin gave it to my daughter and she in turn gave it too me, When I was working at the other place before I got laid off, an elderly gentelman gave me an Arrowhead, he MADE IT himself, I asked him for it, cause it was so perfect for me, I carry that in my medicine pouch, Anyway Didn't mean to steal your thunder Iris, I love your Alter, And the mini cauldrun is so perfect, for you, Your daughter is very talanted, you must keep encouraging her, so her full artisic ability will be reached.

SageWolf

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 am
by iriseyes
SageWolf wrote:Your Alter is very nice, My alter has a bunch of Rocks and plants and feathers, on it, My sister in law has a whole bunch of peacock feathers and I asked for one, She gave me my choice, except for a few she absolutely wanted to keep, I also have an Ink well, Our cousin gave it to my daughter and she in turn gave it too me, When I was working at the other place before I got laid off, an elderly gentelman gave me an Arrowhead, he MADE IT himself, I asked him for it, cause it was so perfect for me, I carry that in my medicine pouch, Anyway Didn't mean to steal your thunder Iris, I love your Alter, And the mini cauldrun is so perfect, for you, Your daughter is very talanted, you must keep encouraging her, so her full artisic ability will be reached.

SageWolf
No thunder stole.. As this is just a beginning as you see there are no symbols just yet and rocks I have only found 4 that have called to me in that manner..
Funny you say arrowheads.. I have a very small collection that I actually unearthed my self.. Some hold dear meanings to me.. My fish have them right now.. At the time that was the place for them.

Thank you, my daughter actually has many more talents that that.. She is very gifted with art.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:24 pm
by Crazy Healer Lady
Very nice!!
blasted things SHOUT at me when I'm supposed to buy them...even if they're not supposed to be for me.
Same here, Kystar!!! Arg. >_<