Photos of Pagan Library Members

Care to see my etchings?
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:40 am

Fairydust wrote:when did 50's women become lesbians?
Herrrm. During the 50's?

Any way heres a couple of pictures of my babys;

One of my motorbikes, a CX 650.

My new sword for Napoleonics, and people who think looking at motorbikes means they have to use their fingers.
[-X [-X

EDIT. Oh aye, and before I get into trouble.

Lisa and I at Möckern, a little group of villages in the middle of nowhere in February last year (Honey moon). Me with short beard. Lisa without.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:21 am

:-o =P~ *wipes drool off of computer screen* I am a huge fan of weaponry before guns and things that go "BOOM!" came about.

That's a great pic of you and her ^___^ and your motorbike :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:25 am

Aye. I am now officialy the shortes one in the family. Followed by Lisa's Aunty, who brought them up, Her Brother, and her Sister, who is the tallest.

And I am 5'9"!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:20 pm

Wow, i think I might be taller than you, I always pictured you at like 6'4 for some reason.

have we had this conversation before?

Anyway the weaponry is awesome, if I could figure out how to post *&^% pictures I would try an track down a photo of my granny's clan sword. That thing would make a dead man drool.

Andi I just have to ask, you needed to clarify that Lisa was the one without the beard? Is she aware of this? [-X
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:41 pm

5'9"? Wow. You are only three inches taller than I am!!!

Willow: Upload to a page like http://www.imageshack.us and put the code into the post and the pic will pop up :) Technical geeks, I am sorry I do not know the correct terms and I probably have made you all shudder.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:17 pm

Nice sword! I like CHL am a lover of pre-gun weapons, most especially edged weapons. It's kinda funny really, I'm quite afraid of guns, but swords, knives, and daggers? I could drool over them all day. =P~
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:23 pm

What is really fun is watching someone who knows how to use them. The now infamous new man has a collection of weapons from his martial arts, and although some are now too small for him, it is fun watching him play ^_^ I love watching a battle with swords and even the hands. Incidently I'm also a big fan of Dragonball... :oops:

:cry: I have always wanted to learn to use a sword properly...
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:04 pm

morgana wrote:Nice sword! I like CHL am a lover of pre-gun weapons, most especially edged weapons. It's kinda funny really, I'm quite afraid of guns, but swords, knives, and daggers? I could drool over them all day. =P~
Oooh same here. We all must have been born in the wrong era *dammit* lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

scoia
Level 7
Level 7

Post by scoia » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:What is really fun is watching someone who knows how to use them.
Yes, my boy is rather skilled with swords, mostly 14th century era gear. Used to spar with a group round here, the Varangian guard. It's very very nice to watch.

I've been thinking of getting into archery myself.

WAY back on topic, very nice blades you've got there Ragnar. And looks like a fun place to have a honeymoon! (no sarcasm intended) Bollocks to the prepackaged resorts I say.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:26 am

scoia wrote: Bollocks to the prepackaged resorts I say.
It WAS prepakaged. We packed everything before we went. :-?

Willow. Aye, I seem to remember we have mentioned this before. Way back in the mists of ....last year. :-D

I think I may have also said how Lisa and I met?

Well 'twas in Edinburgh, at a Keltik re-enactment sword practice. Lisa beat me by about 3 points in a sword fight. (Longer reach).

Never looked back from there. :lol:

Ach ja! White Harmony, nice new Avatar, by the way. ;)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:54 am

Hey, last year is far, if I can remember pants before shoes I am having a good day.

Int he news of weapons (or sports), my sister is competing in the woman's Cabre toss this year. I wish I could do a skill sport but my only event at the Scottish tattoo is the scotch tasting :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:04 am

Willow wrote:Hey, last year is far, if I can remember pants before shoes I am having a good day.
If you look at the photo closely, you may notice that, that is NOT one of my problems. 8-)

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:28 am

Ragnar wrote:Ach ja! White Harmony, nice new Avatar, by the way. ;)
Thankies :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Hmm, something that slipped my mind when this was first posted;

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: I am a huge fan of weaponry before guns and things that go "BOOM!" came about.
morgana wrote:Nice sword! I like CHL am a lover of pre-gun weapons, most especially edged weapons.
The Sword in question is not pre-gun. It is an 1807 Prussian artillery Faschinemesser. OR Prussian naval boarding sword. (Same period).

Most navy's of the world are still issued with boarding cutlasses and boarding axes, still today. When boarding an enemy, or potential enemy, ship.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:13 am

Pre-boom,
that makes for a much better way of delineating time periods than the traditional AD and BC doesn't it.

If I may ask a question, would that sword have been ceremonial or for actual use, I am interested in when that switch would have been made because I know that swords in the Canadian navy are completely ceremonial now.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)