Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to see my etchings?
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:59 am

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I get acrylic paint out of the carpet?

ok, I've tried using water and there's still blue tint. oh crap oh crap!!!!!Reo's gonna be so mad when he gets back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He left for the week and he's coming home today at lunch!!!!!! I promised I'd behave and I was joking about something like this happening before he left.....There's paint on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, calming down now..... thanks for your help in advance.
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:53 am

ok, all is not lost if it hasn't dried yet. What color is the carpet, what shade of blue is the paint and is the paint a higher end artist acrylic or a cheaper "kids" type? If it is cobalt blue with real cobalt and you've got a light colored carpet, you may be screwed.

Here's what you do - get a bunch of old rags, get warm water with dawn dish soap in it, pour the soapy water on the spot and soak up with the rags. Keep doing it until you have as much stain up as possible. Then use one of the store bought carpet spot stain removers. Good luck - if it's a light colored carpet, well, I've never gotten any acrylic color completely out. If it's darker, you could camoflauge it once most of it is out ;)
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:57 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Stormy to the resuce!!!
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 am

Well, you might not be completely screwed.

If that doesn't work...you can try one of two things...Put some baking soda paste over the stain than once that's rubbed in well, dash some vinegar over it.

Or, you can dash out to a craft store and grab a small bottle of Delta Ceramcoat Brush Cleaner. It's designed to pull dried acrylic paint out of brushes (used for ceramics painting)...and soak the stain in that, followed by a rinsing and cleaning.

Good luck!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:05 am

your never screwed (i paint models... i knock things over... A LOT)

Nail Varnish Remover!
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:09 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:Nail Varnish Remover!
Can melt certain carpets if they are make out of the wrong fibers.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:45 am

Thanks guys!!!!! I managed to get it up with warm water and a little soap. Wow, Stormy you must be psychic, first you knew it was a mix shade of cobalt and then that I use 50 cent Apple Barrel paint, your good. =D> Reo came home a little after 12 and never even noticed till I said something. He wasn't even mad, he was happy that I hadn't burnt the apt. down, I'm prone to fire accidents. :-( And what's even better is that I finished Sophia before he got home!!!!yay!!!
Kystar, I've just copy and pasted the part about soda and vinegar and that is now in my cleaning folder, thanks!
B.E.G. , model paints lacquer, the same as nail polish. I know here they won't let anyone under 18 buy model paint but 8 yr olds can buy nail polish and they're both the same. It's the same thing for lacquer thinner and nail polish remover too! heheh, stupid Wal Mart heheh Yay! Thank you all sooooo much!!!!! :-D

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:17 am

Glad it all came out in the wash <(^o^)>
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:27 am

You're welcome for the cleaning tips.

I've gotten some stains out w/BS & V...but it's better for stinky things...for some reason.

Glad it all worked out!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:57 am

Glad you got it out!

Fire accidents, eh? Curiouser and curiouser ;)

(I knew a girl who burnt her house down... twice... and we had the smarts to let her handle a gas can near a fire... yes... that was an interesting night...)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:02 pm

eerk i didn't know about the melting bit...

Its games work shop - its just acrylic paint lmao!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:55 pm

Acetone and acetate can melt some acrylic poly fibers. The same compound that pulls the acrylic paint out can hurt the carpet b/c some carpets are made out of various version of acrylic plastic. Weird, huh?

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:29 am

ah well i used it on the carpet of a flat we were renting from an idiot :D

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:47 pm

It is also why polish remover can disfigure acrylic nails. It is the acetone in the polish remover, so non-acetone is better with the acrylic nails.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

wifeephery1982
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Help, paint in carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wifeephery1982 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:18 pm

forgotten oceans wrote:HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I get acrylic paint out of the carpet?

ok, I've tried using water and there's still blue tint. oh crap oh crap!!!!!Reo's gonna be so mad when he gets back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He left for the week and he's coming home today at lunch!!!!!! I promised I'd behave and I was joking about something like this happening before he left.....There's paint on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, calming down now..... thanks for your help in advance.
1. If the paint stain is still wet, simply blot the spot with a wet paper towel - don’t scrub, just blot.
2. If the paint stain is dry, use hot water and a little bit of dish detergent. Let the solution sit for a few minutes to soften the paint.
3. Once the paint is softened, use a knife or pin to scrape the paint stain. Continue to add more solution as you scrape.
4. If the paint is still not softening, consider using a handheld steamer while you scrape to eventually remove the paint stain from the carpet.